What is Chronic Cough?
Chronic cough is a persistent cough that lasts for more than eight weeks and affects 10 to 20 percent of adults. Symptoms include hoarseness, urinary incontinence, social isolation and possibly depression.
Chronic cough often triggers anger, frustration, disruptive sleep, repeated doctor visits, depression, and urinary incontinence. Another consequence of chronic cough can be social isolation.
Causes: may include a combination of asthma, postnasal drip, gastroesophageal reflux disease, medications, and a behavioral component.
-Treatment options include Lifestyle changes, Environmental controls, Diet changes, Voice exercises, and Medication.
Nagging Cough Could Be A Serious Health Problem
• An estimated 29 million visits to physicians each year are for cough.
• Chronic cough affects 10 to 20 percent of adults, Women 30 and up.
• Dr. Sher is the Medical Director of the only treatment center in the Southeastern United States, The Center for Cough(CFC), located in the Tampa area.
• Dr. Mandel Sher is nationally known for his expertise in treating chronic cough.
Dr. Sher's Background:
Chronic Cough Expert
-Peers selected as “The Best Doctors in America” “The Best Doctors in The Southeast.” and “Tampa Bay’s Top Doctors.”
•Medical education and training at the nation’s leading medical centers including Northwestern University, Duke Medical Center, Harvard Medical School, and the University of Michigan.
•Scientist, teacher, and clinician serving as an Affiliate Professor at the University of South Florida College of Medicine and as a specialist in respiratory disorders in the community.
•20 years of experience in the Medical field.
Created Personalized Diagnostic Tools
-Thorough medical history and physical exams
-Review of previous physician visits, laboratory testing, x-rays, and diagnostic procedures
-Allergy testing, lung function testing, expired nitrous oxide (to assess lung inflammation) and rhinoscopy
- Personalized treatment plan developed on the initial visit
-You will always be seen by primary doctor
-If the doctor is late you will be contacted prior to your arrival
- CFC offers most of the diagnostic tests that may be needed for accurate diagnosis of the cause of cough and treatment.
-Communication with primary care physician
-CFC will help you schedule appointments for specialty care, or diagnostic procedures
-Assistance with travel