Global Food Traceability Center Launch Press Conference—Live Webcast
Source Newsroom: Institute of Food Technologists (IFT)
WHAT: The Institute of Food Technologists is hosting a live webcast event to officially launch its new Global Food Traceability Center. IFT’s Global Food Traceability Center will bring together key stakeholders in the food system to create the first single, not-for-profit, unbiased scientific entity focused on product tracing. The Center will improve response time to foodborne outbreaks, reduce the scope of recalls, and conduct root-cause analysis to encourage efficient traceability practices, ultimately benefiting both companies and consumers.
September 11, 2013
1:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m. ET
• Janet Collins,CFS, President of the Institute of Food Technologists
• Jack Sinclair, Executive Vice President of the Grocery Division, Walmart
• Sherri McGarry, Foodborne Outbreak Coordinator on the Emergency Coordination and Response Staff in the Office of Compliance, Center for Food Safety and Applied Nutrition, U.S. Food and Drug Administration
• Caroline Smith DeWaal, Director of the Food Safety Program for the Center for Science in the Public Interest
• Artavazd Hakobyan, Food Safety Technical Lead with the Global Food Safety Partnership at the World Bank
• William Fisher, CFS, Vice President, Science & Policy Initiatives, Institute of Food Technologists
Registration is complimentary: www.visualwebcaster.com/GFTCLAUNCH
All inquiries including request for interviews should be directed to Stephanie Callahan, Media Relations Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org, 312.604.0273 or Mindy Weinstein, Director of Media Relations, email@example.com, 312-604-0231
Learn more about the Global Food Traceability Center here.
For more than 70 years, IFT has existed to advance the science of food. Our nonprofit scientific society—more than 18,000 members from more than 100 countries—brings together food scientists, technologists and related professions from academia, government, and industry. For more information, please visit ift.org.