Boston University to Host Symposium Marking 150 Years of National Banking
Comptroller of the Currency Curry, Volcker, Bair, Dodd and Frank among participants
Source Newsroom: Boston University College of Arts and Sciences
Newswise — (Boston) — The Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC) commemorates its 150th anniversary at a symposium – “Building on 150 Years: The Future of National Banking” – hosted by the Boston University Center for Finance, Law & Policy on March 31, 2014, at Boston’s Hynes Convention Center.
All sessions are open to the media (see www.bit.ly/1bo8RCj for agenda) and individual interviews with conference participants will be considered upon request.
Participants at panels at the all-day event will include:
• Comptroller of the Currency Thomas J. Curry
• ex-Federal Reserve Chairman Paul Volcker
• ex-FDIC Chair Sheila Bair
• ex-U.S. Sen. Christopher Dodd
• ex-U.S. Rep. Barney Frank
• Financial Services Roundtable President and ex-Minn. Gov. Timothy Pawlenty
• ex-Citicorp Chairman John Reed
• Sharon Bowles, chair of the Economic and Monetary Affairs Committee of the European Parliament.
For media credentials, contact:
Director, Public Affairs Operations
Office of the Comptroller of the Currency
Event: “Building on 150 Years: The Future of National Banking”
Date: Monday, March 31, 2014
Time: all day
Place: Hynes Convention Center
900 Boylston St, Boston