Newswise — Babson’s Energy and Environmental Club (BEEC) will hold the Babson Energy & Environmental Conference: Fifteen Shades of Green, on Thursday, March 27, 2014 from 9 am to 7 pm at the Wellesley, MA campus.
The conference will explore how energy efficiency and sustainability have evolved in every industry into an integral part of helping grow the top line, and will break the long held myth that sustainability is a cost center. Networking opportunities abound with more than 500 students and industry professionals planning to attend.
For info, visit http://babsonenergy.com
Conference Topics and Panel Discussions
• Sustainable Mobility
• Competitive Advantage with Green Chemistry
• Nature’s Design
• Sustainable Energy (Sources)
• Keeping IT Clean
• Sustainable Building Design
• Cleantech Innovation & Disruption
• Doug Foy, President and CEO, Serrafix, Former Secretary of Commonwealth Development, and President and CEO, Conservation Law Foundation
• Jigar Shah, Founder, SunEdison
• Kerry Healey, Babson College President
• Mark Donohue, Babson Senior Fellow in Social Innovation
• Craig Scott, Manager, Product Planning, Toyota Motor Sales
• Lynnette McIntire, CEO, Silver Birch Communications
• Marty Anderson, Babson Faculty, Extended Management Enterprises Programs
• John Warner, President, CTO and Founder, Warner Babcock Institute for Green Chemistry, LLC
• Whitney Hopkins, Co-Founder, Ground Design Lab
• Sonya Gustafson, Product Manager, Ventyx, an ABB Company
• Jay Dietrich, IBM Distinguished Engineer, Corporate Environmental Affairs Staff
• Dallase Scott, Manager of Sustainability Services, GreenerU
• Dan Gainsboro, President Genesis Planners, Inc.
• Alexander Sarly, Project Development, SolarCityManager for Product Planning at Toyota Motor Sales
• The Reality of Electric Vehicles
• Food Packaging: Cost vs. the Environment
• Challenges and Opportunities in Green Buildings
• Future of Financing for Renewable Energy Projects
• Water in the Developing World: Harsh Reality and Inspiring Innovations
• Environmental Awareness in Developing Countries
Babson Energy and Environmental Club (BEEC)
The Babson Energy and Environmental Club is a group of active students committed to entrepreneurship, sustainable initiatives, and education about all things green. Its largest annual event is the Babson Energy and Environmental Conference, highlighting Babson’s commitment to social, environmental, and economic responsibility and sustainability (SEERS). For the past seven years the conference has brought together thinkers and leaders on the cutting edge of green business and awareness.
About Babson College
Babson College is the educator, convener, and thought leader for Entrepreneurship of All KindsTM. The College is a dynamic living and learning laboratory, where students, faculty, and staff work together to address the real-world problems of business and society—while at the same time evolving our methods and advancing our programs. We shape the leaders our world needs most: those with strong functional knowledge and the skills and vision to navigate change, accommodate ambiguity, surmount complexity, and motivate teams in a common purpose to create economic and social value. As we have for nearly a half-century, Babson continues to advance Entrepreneurial Thought and Action® as the most positive force on the planet for generating sustainable economic and social value.