Babson Hosts Latin American Entrepreneurship Forum April 4th, 2014
Largest meeting among U.S. universities dedicated to entrepreneurial activities
Source Newsroom: Babson College
Newswise — The 6th annual Babson Latin American Entrepreneurship Forum, hosted by F.W. Olin Graduate School of Business at Babson College and the Babson Latin American Club, will take place Friday, April 4th, 2014.
The Forum is the largest among U.S. universities dedicated to entrepreneurial activities with more than 500 participants expected at Babson and another 1,000 students from more than 30 Latin American universities participating via live streaming.
At Babson, entrepreneurship is more than just a field of study - it’s a way of thinking and living. In an effort to further enhance and enrich this tradition, the Forum is focused on promoting entrepreneurship, opportunities and leadership in Latin America. With the claim “Passion for a Brighter Future,” this sixth annual Forum will generate insightful debates about how Latin America must thrive to become the next hub of entrepreneurial opportunity.
• Michael Gerber –The World’s #1 Small Business Guru and Founder of The Dreaming Room
• Roman Blanco - President and CEO Santander USA
• Carmen Medina – Innovation and Intelleigence Specialist Leader at Deloitte Consulting
• Juan José Gutierrez Chapa - Co-Founder COMPARTAMOS México
• Alfredo Zolezzi - CIO, Advanced Innovation Center, Chile
For information, visit http://www.babsonlatinamerica.com/forum2014/
Past keynoters have included
• Princess Cristina of Spain,
• Vicente Fox, President of Mexico 2000 - 2006,
• Jack Welch, former CEO, General Electric
• Jaime Chico Pardo - Chairman Telmex, Mexico
• Juan Domingo Beckman – CEO of Jose Cuervo
• Isabel Noboa – CEO of Consorcio Nobis, Ecuador
Babson Latin American Club
Babson’s Latin American Club promotes awareness and spreads information related to Latin American business, economics, politics, and culture. The club encourages an understanding of the Latin culture, promotes networking activities, and enhances entrepreneurship opportunities in the region.
Babson College is the educator, convener, and thought leader for Entrepreneurship of All Kinds™. The College is a dynamic living and learning laboratory, where students, faculty, and staff work together to address the real-world problems of business and society -- while at the same time evolving our methods and advancing our programs. We shape the leaders our world needs most: those with strong functional knowledge and the skills and vision to navigate change, accommodate ambiguity, surmount complexity, and motivate teams in a common purpose to create economic and social value. As we have for nearly a half-century, Babson continues to advance Entrepreneurial Thought and Action® as the most positive force on the planet for generating sustainable economic and social value. Visit www.babson.edu