Top Headache Specialists to Host June 26 TweetChat
Source Newsroom: American Headache Society (AHS)
More than a dozen of the world’s top migraine and headache doctors will participate in the American Headache Society’s (AHS) 2nd Annual TweetChat, as part of the AHS Annual Scientific Meeting.
AHS’ most esteemed clinicians working in migraine, headache, and brain injury will be part of a TweetChat highlighting some of the annual conference’s most influential findings, along with the clinical implications of these findings. Topics will include:
• The impact of migraine on the 36 million-plus patients in the U.S. with this debilitating condition.
• What patients and their support systems can do to reduce the stigma of migraine.
• What patients should do when they hear claims of a new “cure” for headache.
• Who benefits most from behavioral treatments for migraine.
• How even retired NFL players are finding it hard to access quality migraine care.
• Breaking news: that peri-menopausal and menopausal women have more frequent headaches.
Thursday, June 26, 2014, 6:45 p.m. PDT
Moderated by the American Headache Society’s eMedia via @ahsheadache & Mayo Clinic via @mayoclinicneuro using the hashtag #AH14LA