• A metabolite that is normally excreted in urine was linked with impaired cognitive function in patients with kidney failure.
• The metabolite has been previously linked to cognitive impairment in other patient populations.
15-Jul-2016 9:00 AM EDT Add to Favorites
• Red meat intake was strongly associated with an increased risk of kidney failure among Chinese adults in Singapore who were followed for an average of 15.5 years.
• No association was found with intakes of poultry, fish, eggs, or dairy...
8-Jul-2016 9:05 AM EDT Add to Favorites
• The likelihood of developing membranous nephropathy, an immune disorder of the kidneys that can lead to kidney failure, increased 13% annually over 11 years in China.
• Regions with high levels of fine particulate air pollution had the...
24-Jun-2016 9:00 AM EDT Add to Favorites
The ASN Foundation for Kidney Research announced the 2016 recipients of research grants to advance new understandings of—and treatments for—kidney diseases.
The Foundation will fund 36 leading researchers working to cure kidney diseases. These...
28-Jun-2016 1:05 PM EDT Add to Favorites
• Diabetes and kidney disease, separately and together, were linked with increased risks of stroke, coronary heart disease, and cardiovascular mortality in African Americans living in Mississippi.
17-Jun-2016 12:00 PM EDT Add to Favorites
• Two-thirds of the children with kidney disease were classified as vitamin D deficient.
• Children with kidney disease who took vitamin D supplements had vitamin D levels that were 2 times higher than those who did not take supplements....
10-Jun-2016 7:05 AM EDT Add to Favorites
Washington, DC (June 16, 2016)—The Journal of the American Society of Nephrology (JASN) retains a very prominent position in the field of nephrology in Impact Factor for 2015, with a score of 8.5 according to Journal Citation Reports® (JCR). This...
16-Jun-2016 11:30 AM EDT Add to Favorites
Washington, DC (June 13, 2016) — The Kidney Health Initiative (KHI) is pleased to support President Barack Obama’s call to action through its attendance at the White House Organ Summit on Monday, June 13. This Summit will examine ways to improve...
13-Jun-2016 9:00 AM EDT Add to Favorites