• Among hospitalized adults, those who experienced acute kidney injury were 44% more likely to be hospitalized for heart failure in the year after discharge.
11-May-2018 9:00 AM EDT Add to Favorites
• Use of oral antibiotics was linked with an increased risk of developing kidney stones.
• Risk decreased over time but was still elevated several years after antibiotic use.
• Risk was highest for young patients.
4-May-2018 9:05 AM EDT Add to Favorites
Among individuals with chronic kidney disease, those who slept 7 hours/day had higher health-related quality of life than those who slept ≤5 hours/day or ≥9 hours/day.
27-Apr-2018 9:00 AM EDT Add to Favorites
ASN and US Department of Health and Human Services Sign MOU to Launch Kidney Innovation Accelerator (KidneyX)
The American Society of Nephrology (ASN) is pleased to announce the signing of a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with the US Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) to establish the Kidney Innovation Accelerator (KidneyX). KidneyX will spur...
26-Apr-2018 10:05 AM EDT Add to Favorites
• Sixty-four percent of US patients undergoing hemodialysis in 2011 received opioids for pain, which is one of the most common reported symptoms in this patient population.
• Opioid use was associated with higher risks of altered mental status,...
13-Apr-2018 9:05 AM EDT Add to Favorites
• Among 655 healthcare providers at dialysis clinics in the United States, 19% were aware of racial disparities in waitlisting.
• Although a quarter of dialysis facilities had >5% racial difference in waitlisting within their own facilities,...
6-Apr-2018 9:00 AM EDT Add to Favorites
• The risk of death due to infectious causes after kidney transplantation in Finland has dropped by half since the 1990s.
• Common bacterial infections remain the most frequent cause of infection-related deaths among transplant recipients.
30-Mar-2018 9:00 AM EDT Add to Favorites
Advocates from the American Society of Nephrology (ASN) and the American Association of Kidney Patients (AAKP) are meeting with representatives, senators, and their respective staffs today to urge Congress to support KidneyX, a new public-private...
28-Mar-2018 9:00 AM EDT Add to Favorites
see all news