• Most nephrology fellows rated overall quality of teaching in fellowships as either “good” or “excellent,” and over half of second-year fellows felt “fully prepared” for independent practice.
• Fellows indicated a desire for more...
14-Apr-2017 9:00 AM EDT Add to Favorites
• In 2013, reduced kidney function was associated with 4% of deaths worldwide, or 2.2 million deaths.
• More than half of these deaths were cardiovascular deaths.
7-Apr-2017 9:00 AM EDT Add to Favorites
In patients with chronic kidney disease, low urine ammonium excretion identified individuals at high risk of kidney disease progression or death.
31-Mar-2017 9:00 AM EDT Add to Favorites
• Among deceased donor kidney transplant recipients, those who were >30 kg (66 pounds) heavier than the donor had a 28% higher risk of transplant failure compared with equally weighted donors and recipients.
• If the kidney was from a smaller...
24-Mar-2017 9:00 AM EDT Add to Favorites
ASN and AAKP Advocates are on Capitol Hill Urging Congress to Support Kidney Disease Research and the Living Donor Protection Act
Advocates from the American Society of Nephrology (ASN) and the American Association of Kidney Patients (AAKP) are meeting with Representatives, Senators, and their respective staffs today to urge Congress to continue its historic support of...
28-Mar-2017 11:00 AM EDT Add to Favorites
• Colonoscopies are being performed more often on healthier dialysis patients than on those with more limited life expectancies; however, overall, dialysis patients are being screened at a much higher rate relative to their life expectancy than...
17-Mar-2017 9:00 AM EDT Add to Favorites
Statement of Eleanor D. Lederer, MD, FASN, President, American Society of Nephrology on Proposed FY 2018 Budget
Condemns the Administration’s Proposed Funding Cuts for the National Institute of Health
17-Mar-2017 12:05 PM EDT Add to Favorites
• In dialysis patients who took 2.5 mg of apixaban twice daily, blood concentrations of the drug were maintained at therapeutic levels.
10-Mar-2017 9:00 AM EST Add to Favorites