Collaborative study with Cleveland Clinic & SUNY Upstate Medical University shows that single high-dose SBRT treatment is as effective as three doses in patients with non-small cell lung cancer
16-Mar-2017 2:05 PM EDT Add to Favorites
• Team creates calculator to guide treatment choice in esophageal cancer
• Tool helps identify which patients may benefit from treatment before surgery
• Patients with advanced, aggressive tumors often good pretreatment candidates
2-Mar-2017 11:05 AM EST Add to Favorites
• Dairy consumption appears to lower risk for breast cancer
• High consumption of yogurt linked to reduced risk of breast cancer
• Higher intake of some cheeses tied to slightly increased risk
1-Mar-2017 10:05 AM EST Add to Favorites
Lieutenant Gov. Kathy Hochul Celebrates Launch of Innovative Immunotherapy Biotech Company Based in Buffalo
• New Roswell Park spinoff company will develop next-generation cancer immunotherapies
• Novel approach combines unique adoptive T cell therapy with genetically engineered stem cell therapy
• Clinical trial planned in ovarian, pancreatic,...
3-Feb-2017 12:05 PM EST Add to Favorites
BUFFALO, N.Y. — More than 1 in 4 adults and nearly 1 in 10 youth use tobacco, according to findings from the Population Assessment of Tobacco and Health (PATH) Study, published online ahead of print in the New England Journal of Medicine. The PATH...
24-Jan-2017 12:00 PM EST Add to Favorites
Can Prostate Cancer Metastasis Be Stopped Before It Starts? Research Team Identifies Role for Particular MicroRNA
Metastasis, or spread of a tumor from the site of origin to additional organs, causes the vast majority of cancer-related deaths, but our understanding of the molecular mechanisms behind metastasis remains limited. A research team led by Dean Tang,...
24-Jan-2017 9:05 AM EST Add to Favorites
Standard therapy for prostate cancer, the third-leading cause of cancer-related deaths in American men, is based on blocking androgens, the male sex hormones. However, for some men, prostate cancer recurs despite androgen-deprivation therapy. A team...
10-Jan-2017 2:05 PM EST Add to Favorites
BUFFALO, N.Y. — Predisposition to cancer and cancer progression can result from gene mutations that cause elevated rates of genetic damage. Similarly, carcinogens, including some that are used in chemotherapy during cancer treatment, act by...
10-Jan-2017 11:05 AM EST Add to Favorites
25-Jan-2017 10:05 AM EST
Dr. Igor Puzanov of @RoswellPark Cancer Institute Avail. To Comment on Chan/Zuckerberg $30b Pledge for #Medicalresearch
22-Sep-2016 3:05 PM EDT
Roswell Park's Dr. James Marshall Available to Interpret, Comment on Who Statement on Processed Meats and Cancer Risk
27-Oct-2015 5:05 PM EDT
Clinical trials are the frontier for targeted cancer drugs. Roswell Park Cancer Institute recently opened one of only a few clinical research centers in the U.S. focused exclusively on cancer. The Clinical Research Center, under the direction of...
4-Apr-2008 1:00 PM EDT