4000 Healthcare Stakeholders Will Convene at ISPOR 2019
Conference Will Be Held May 18-22, 2019 in New Orleans, LA, USA With a Focus on a New Era in Health Economics and Outcomes Research
Newswise — Lawrenceville, NJ, USA—May 13, 2019—ISPOR—the professional society for health economics and outcomes research (HEOR)—released the final program and speakers for its upcoming ISPOR 2019 annual conference scheduled for May 18-22, 2019 in New Orleans, LA, USA.
ISPOR 2019 is the leading global HEOR conference and draws 4000 healthcare thought leaders and stakeholders, including researchers and academicians, assessors and regulators, payers and policy makers, the life sciences industry, healthcare providers, and patient engagement organizations. The conference theme is “Rapid. Disruptive. Innovative: A New Era in HEOR.” ISPOR 2019 highlights will include:
Keynote: Dr Daniel Kraft
Monday, May 20, 2019
The keynote will be delivered by Daniel Kraft, MD, faculty chair for medicine, Singularity University, founder and chair, Exponential Medicine, Stanford, CA, USA. Dr Kraft is a Stanford and Harvard trained physician-scientist, inventor, entrepreneur, and innovator. In his keynote, Dr Kraft will explore the impact of disruptive medical therapies on medicine today and in the future. The keynote will set the ground for the first plenary session that will follow and Dr Kraft will also serve as a panelist for the plenary.
Plenary 1: “The Dawn of Disruption in the Health Sector: Will Innovative Technologies Require Innovative Ways of Thinking?”
Monday, May 20, 2019
This plenary will examine the impact, challenges, and opportunities of the recent renaissance of groundbreaking, new, curative health technologies. The speakers will focus on the perspectives of a range of healthcare stakeholders, including payers, manufacturers, and patients. Speakers will include:
- Moderator: Clifford Goodman, PhD; The Lewin Group; Falls Church, VA, USA
- Timothy Caulfield, LLM; University of Alberta; Edmonton, AB, Canada
- Fleur Chandler; Duchenne; Twickenham, England, UK
- Rebekah E. Gee, MD, MPH; Louisiana Department of Health; Baton Rouge, LA, USA
- Ron Philip; Spark Therapeutics Inc; Philadelphia, PA, USA
Plenary 2: “Medical Device Innovation and Regulation: Turbocharged for Success?”
Tuesday, May 21, 2019
This plenary will explore how global healthcare systems can navigate the recent controversies related to innovation, safety, and regulation of medical devices. Several additional speakers will be finalized soon. Confirmed speakers include:
- Moderator: Laurie Burke, MPH; LORA Group LLC and University of Maryland School of Pharmacy; Royal Oak, MD, USA
- Stephanie Christopher, MA; Medical Device Innovation Consortium; Arlington, VA, USA
- Paul Coplan, ScD, MBA; Johnson and Johnson; New Brunswick, NJ, USA
- Stephen A. Hull, MHS; Hull Associates LLC; Rockland, MA, USA
- Harindra Wijeysundera, MD, PhD; Canadian Agency for Drugs and Technologies in Health; Ottawa, ON, Canada and Humana; Cincinnati, OH, USA
Plenary 3: “Is Affordability Driving a Need to Revolutionize Drug Pricing?”
Wednesday, May 22, 2019
This plenary will consider the timely issue of drug pricing as affordability of pharmaceuticals has become a global issue. The explosion of high cost, disruptive, and innovative drugs has offered breakthroughs in the treatment or cure of a number of diseases; however, payers are facing a crisis of affordability. Speakers include:
- Moderator: Colleen M. Flood; University of Ottawa Centre for Health Law, Policy and Ethics; Ottawa, ON, Canada
- Muna Bhanji, RPh; Merck; Philadelphia, PA, USA
- Meindert Boysen, PharmD, MSc; National Institute for Health and Care Excellence; Manchester, England, UK
- Mark Trusheim, MS; NEWDIGS and Massachusetts Institute of Technology; Cambridge, MA, USA
In addition to these plenary sessions, ISPOR 2019 will provide a comprehensive scientific program that will address vital questions on topics, including rapid advances in information technology, challenges posed by orphan drug approvals, the potential of formal health technology assessment in the United States, healthcare affordability and drug pricing, and the future of artificial intelligence and machine learning in healthcare. The conference also features the Society’s Essential HEOR Education curriculum of half- and full-day short courses on May 18-19, 2019. The ISPOR Short Course Program offers more than 30 HEOR course topics, including 4 new short courses. The ISPOR 2019 exhibit hall will feature more than 100 exhibitors and sponsors showcasing the latest trends and innovative products in HEOR.
ISPOR, the professional society for health economics and outcomes research (HEOR), is an international, multistakeholder, nonprofit dedicated to advancing HEOR excellence to improve decision making for health globally. The Society is the leading source for scientific conferences, peer-reviewed and MEDLINE®-indexed publications, good practices guidance, education, collaboration, and tools/resources in the field.
Web: www.ispor.org | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/ispororg | Twitter: www.twitter.com/ispororg (@ISPORorg) | YouTube: www.youtube.com/ispororg | Facebook: www.facebook.com/ispororg | Instagram: www.instagram.com/ispororg