Newswise — Charlottesville, VA (January 4, 2021). The American Association of Neurological Surgeons and its scholarly publication division, the Journal of Neurosurgery Publishing Group, are pleased to announce the first issue of Journal of Neurosurgery: Case Lessons published today.
Journal of Neurosurgery: Case Lessons focuses on neurosurgical single cases and small case series, and the lessons we can learn from them. This rapid-publication journal is peer reviewed, open access, and available online. It can be accessed at the JNSPG website, https://thejns.org.
An editorial introducing this new publication for the JNSPG can be found at https://thejns.org/view/journals/j-neurosurg/133/6/article-p1635.xml.
The following articles can be found in the inaugural issue of Journal of Neurosurgery: Case Lessons:
- “Diplopia associated with loop routing in deep brain stimulation: illustrative case” by Yasushi Miyagi and Eiichirou Urasaki
- “Intrathecal baclofen therapy for Lesch-Nyhan disease: illustrative case” by Takeshi Satow et al.
- “Negative-pressure hydrocephalus in the course of a complex postoperative intracranial pressure disturbance: illustrative case” by Tomoya Suzuki et al.
- “Pituitary stone resulting in visual dysfunction and spontaneous rhinorrhea in nonfunctioning pituitary adenoma: illustrative case” by Takuya Kanemitsu et al.
- Rapid contrast-induced encephalopathy after a small dose of contrast agent: illustrative case” by Zhouyang Zhao et al.
- “Validation of the newly conceived Surgical Swedish ICH grading scale for surgically treated patients with intracerebral hemorrhage: patient series” by Johan A. Haga et al.
Please join us in reading these new articles.
If you wish to submit a paper to the Journal of Neurosurgery: Case Lessons, the submission site is https://caselessons.msubmit.net.
The Journal of Neurosurgery: Case Lessons focuses on single cases and small case series in the field of neurosurgery. Stressed are the lessons that we learn from these cases. This open-access, peer-reviewed journal is published weekly online. Journal of Neurosurgery: Case Lessons is one of six journals published by the JNS Publishing Group, the scholarly journal division of the American Association of Neurological Surgeons. Other peer-reviewed journals published by the JNS Publishing Group each month include Journal of Neurosurgery, Journal of Neurosurgery: Spine, Journal of Neurosurgery: Pediatrics, Neurosurgical Focus, and Neurosurgical Focus: Video. All six journals can be accessed at www.thejns.org.
Founded in 1931 as the Harvey Cushing Society, the American Association of Neurological Surgeons (AANS) is a scientific and educational association with more than 10,000 members worldwide. The AANS is dedicated to advancing the specialty of neurological surgery in order to provide the highest quality of neurosurgical care to the public. All active members of the AANS are certified by the American Board of Neurological Surgery, the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons (Neurosurgery) of Canada, or the Mexican Council of Neurological Surgery, AC. Neurological surgery is the medical specialty concerned with the prevention, diagnosis, treatment, and rehabilitation of disorders that affect the entire nervous system including the brain, spinal column, spinal cord, and peripheral nerves. For more information, visit www.AANS.org.