Newswise — The 13th Annual Babson Sustainability Forum will take place on Babson College’s Wellesley campus, March 29, 2019, 8 am to 6 pm.
The Babson Sustainability and Energy Club’s annual forum, with the theme Embracing The Future’s Goals, will host talks and elite panel discussions covering the broad umbrella of sustainability, featuring industries from agriculture and food, fashion, financing, and clean tech and energy.
Speakers will include:
- Jonathan Foley, Executive Director - Project Drawdow (keynote)
- Stephen Spinelli Jr. MBA'92, PhD, President Elect - Babson College (introduction)
- Lisa Conway, Vice President of Sustainability - Interface
- Paul Sellew, CEO & Founder - Little Leaf Farms
- Gwen Ruta, Senior Vice President, Climate & Energy - Environmental Defense Fund
- Chris Sherman, President - Island Creek Oyster
- Kathryn L. Hersey, CFA, Senior Vice President, Senior Portfolio Manager - Cambridge Trust
- Eric Hudson, CEO & Founder - Preserve
- Caroline Daniels Faculty Director – Babson Fashion Entrepreneurial Initiative
- Amy DuFault, Director - Brooklyn Fashion + Design Accelerator & Director of the Southeastern New England Fibershed
- Marc Breslow, Ph.D. Policy & Research Director - Climate XChange
- Jess Brooks, Chief Development Officer - Sunwealth
- Phil Guidice, Ambrii - Former CEO, Board Member
- Mark Lyra, Senior Director - Sumitomo Corporation
- Mitch Tyson, Principal - Tyson Associates
- David Miller, Ph.D. Managing Director - Clean Energy Ventures
- Mark Buckley, Founder - One Boat Collaborative & Former Vice President of Sustainability - Staples
- Carlos Nouel, Vice President of Business Development - National Grid
- Christine Riley Miller, Director of Sustainability - Samsonite
- Renee Vassilos, Founder - Banyan Innovation Group
- Jesse Devitte, Co-Founder & Managing Director - Borealis Ventures, Co-Founder & General Partner - Building Ventures
- Aaron Niederhelman, CEO – OneHealthAg, Host – Sourcing Matters, Founding Principal - Hingeline
- Jim Verzino, Director & Entrepreneur in Residence - Windham Grows
- Santiago Villagomez, CEO & Co-founder - Energia Real.
More info at https://www.bseclub.org/
“It is enriching, heartening and overwhelming to be a part of a community that is becoming responsible and taking ownership towards leaving the planet a better habitat. The Babson Sustainability and Energy Club calls for participation from all dynamic leaders of tomorrow, aspirants, and enthusiasts to attend the forum and network with industry experts. We believe the forum will leave you amazed and inspired to leave the world a better place for the next generation,” said Utkarsh Vivek MBA’18, BSEC VP of Sustainability.
About Babson College
Babson College is the educator, convener, and thought leader for Entrepreneurship of All Kinds®. The top-ranked college for entrepreneurship education, Babson is a dynamic living and learning laboratory where students, faculty, and staff work together to address the real-world problems of business and society. We prepare the entrepreneurial leaders our world needs most: those with strong functional knowledge and the skills and vision to navigate change, accommodate ambiguity, surmount complexity, and motivate teams in a common purpose to make a difference in the world, and have an impact on organizations of all sizes and types. As we have for nearly a half-century, Babson continues to advance Entrepreneurial Thought & Action® as the most positive force on the planet for generating sustainable economic and social value.