The National Teaching Institute & Critical Care Exposition (NTI), the premier conference for nurses and other healthcare professionals who care for acutely and critically ill patients and their families, returns as an in-person experience for 2022.
The annual conference of the American Association of Critical-Care Nurses (AACN), NTI will be held May 16-18, 2022, with in-person programming in downtown Houston at the George R. Brown Convention Center, with the nearby Marriott Marquis Houston hotel also hosting official events.
For those unable to be in Houston, NTI Virtual, June 6-8, delivers an interactive online experience, allowing participants to learn and grow professionally from anywhere, with the flexibility that life continues to demand.
NTI learning opportunities offer the following formats:
- Educational Sessions: More than 200 sessions are offered during the conference and available after the conference through Oct. 31. Sessions are 60, 75 or 150 minutes.
- SuperSessions: Large sessions for all participants feature national speakers and AACN leaders, geared toward professional success, current and future trends, and/or national and global issues.
- Pharmacology Content: Online classroom sessions include a minimum portion of pharmacotherapeutic content on drug-specific information, safe prescribing practices, safe medication administration and prescribing methodologies,
- Posters: Self-viewing Beacon Journey for Excellence, Chapter Best Practices, CSI Academy Innovation, Evidence-Based Solutions and Research digital posters are offered during the conference and available after the conference through Oct. 31.
- Sunrise/Sunset Sessions: Sessions are funded by unrestricted grants from corporate supporters. Sessions are 60 minutes long with approximately 75% clinical and 25% product-specific content.
- ExpoEd Education: Product- and program-specific educational and in-service-style learning is provided by exhibitors. Sessions are 30 minutes.
NTI Houston includes the Critical Care Exposition, the largest and most comprehensive trade show expressly for progressive and critical care nurses. Hundreds of exhibits spread over 200,000 square feet will encompass cutting-edge healthcare equipment, devices, supplies and career opportunities.
For NTI 2022, participants can earn 200+ CE contact hours, which are calculated on a 60-minute hour and determined by the number of learning activities a registered NTI participant completes. Learners must view/read the entire learning activity and complete the associated evaluation, as well as the program evaluation, to be awarded CE contact hours or CERP credit. No partial hours or credit will be awarded.
More than 200 NTI sessions will be available on-demand with CE contact hours available through Oct. 31.
About the National Teaching Institute & Critical Care Exposition: Established in 1974, AACN’s National Teaching Institute & Critical Care Exposition (NTI) represents the world’s largest educational conference and trade show for nurses who care for acutely and critically ill patients and their families. Bedside nurses, nurse educators, nurse managers, clinical nurse specialists and nurse practitioners attend NTI.
About the American Association of Critical-Care Nurses: For more than 50 years, the American Association of Critical-Care Nurses (AACN) has been dedicated to acute and critical care nursing excellence. The organization’s vision is to create a healthcare system driven by the needs of patients and their families in which acute and critical care nurses make their optimal contribution. AACN is the world’s largest specialty nursing organization, with more than 130,000 members and over 200 chapters in the United States.
American Association of Critical-Care Nurses, 27071 Aliso Creek Road, Aliso Viejo, CA 92656; 949-362-2000; www.aacn.org; facebook.com/aacnface; twitter.com/aacnme