Newswise — DETROIT - The nation’s top thought-leaders in breast cancer innovation, treatment and research will come together Saturday, Sept. 29, 2018 for the 2nd Annual Henry Ford Cancer Institute Multidisciplinary Breast Cancer Symposium.
The symposium will take place from 7:30 a.m. – 3 p.m. at the Dearborn Inn.
Led by Lisa A. Newman, M.D., Director, Breast Cancer Program, Henry Ford Cancer Institute, the symposium will cover advances in the multidisciplinary approach to breast cancer care, featuring speakers from across the country, including:
- Haythem Ali, M.D. (Henry Ford Cancer Institute) – Advances in Management of Hormone Receptor-Positive Breast Cancer
- Dunya Atisha, M.D. (Henry Ford Cancer Institute) – Advances in Breast Reconstruction and Surgical Management of Lymphedema
- Judy Boughey, M.D. (Mayo Clinic) – Management of the Axilla with Neoadjuvant Chemotherapy
- Clifford Hudis, M.D. (ASCO CEO) – ASCO Initiatives in Improving Breast Cancer Outcomes
- Terry Mamounas, M.D. (Orlando Health) – Advances in Neoadjuvant Chemotherapy and the NRG Clinical Trials
- Lisa Newman, M.D. (Henry Ford Cancer Institute) – Genomics and Genetics in Breast Cancer Disparities Research
- Deborah Rhodes, M.D. (Mayo Clinic) – Molecular Breast Imaging
- Debu Tripathy, M.D. (MD Anderson Cancer Center) – Advances in Management of Metastatic Breast Cancer
- Eleanor Walker, M.D. (Henry Ford Cancer Institute) – Advances in Breast Radiation and Hypofractionated Therapy
For registration and more details about the symposium, go to: henryford.com/Breast-Cancer-Symposium.
About the Henry Ford Cancer Institute
The Henry Ford Cancer Institute is one of the largest cancer programs in Michigan, providing care at five hospitals and six outpatient facilities, and dozens of aligned doctor’s offices throughout southeast Michigan. Treatment for the most complex or rare cancers and the Institute’s extensive cancer research program is anchored by Henry Ford Hospital in Detroit. For more information, visit henryford.com/cancer.
MEDIA CONTACT: Krista Boyer / [email protected]
MEDIA CONTACTRegister for reporter access to contact details
2nd Annual Henry Ford Cancer Institute Multidisciplinary Breast Cancer Symposium, Sept. 29, 2018