Newswise — Lawrenceville, NJ, USA—August 3, 2020—ISPOR—The Professional Society for Health Economics and Outcomes Research (HEOR) announced its Virtual ISPOR Asia Pacific 2020 event programming today. Registration is now open for the virtual event that will be held 14-16 September 2020. Virtual ISPOR Asia Pacific 2020, “Next Generation Healthcare in Asia Pacific: Where Technology Meets Patients to Improve Care,” is offering more than 25 hours of content that registrants can attend live and/or as on-demand recordings for 30 days after the event concludes.
Plenary 1: COVID-19 in Asia Pacific—Lessons Learned and the Path Forward 14
September 2020 | 9:00 KST
This special session will convene health experts from Asia Pacific to discuss the COVID-19 pandemic and how it will shape the future of healthcare in the region. The session will begin with a keynote from Kwang-Hyub Han, MD, PhD, president of the National Evidence-Based Healthcare Collaborating Agency; Seoul, South Korea. Following the keynote, panelists will discuss the latest updates on the COVID-19 pandemic from the region, including strategies countries in the region are employing to slow the spread of the virus, reduce its impact on public health, and minimize associated economic and social disruption. Panelists currently include (additional speakers are being confirmed):
- Wang-jun Lee, MD, PhD; chairman, Myongji Hospital’s Board of Directors; Myongji Medical Foundation; Seoul, South Korea
- Kenji Shibuya, MD, MSc, DrPH; director of the Institute of Population Health, King’s College; London, England, UK; visiting professor of Department of Global Health Policy, Graduate School of Medicine; University of Tokyo; Tokyo, Japan
- Fan Wu, MD, PhD; deputy dean, Shanghai Medical College of Fudan University; Shanghai, China
Plenary 2: Advancing Precision Medicines in Asia Pacific—Progress, Opportunities, and Challenges
15 September 2020 | 8:30 KST
Asia Pacific has become the fastest growing precision medicine market in the world. This session will bring together experts to explore opportunities and challenges that precision medicine is bringing to health systems and discuss the role of HEOR in this field. Speakers currently include (additional speakers are being confirmed):
- Moderator: Elina Hypponen, PhD, MPH, MSc; professor, director, Australian Centre for Precision Health; University of South Australia Cancer Research Institute; Adelaide, Australia
- Yeul Hong Kim, MD, PhD; director, professor, Section of Medical Oncology, Department of Internal Medicine, Korea University College of Medicine; K-MASTER Cancer Precision Medicine Diagnosis and Treatment Enterprise; Seoul, South Korea
- Teo Yik Ying, PhD; dean, professor, Saw Swee Hock School of Public Health, National University of Singapore; Singapore
Plenary 3: Innovative Approaches to Pricing, Value Assessment, and Patient Access to High-Cost Interventions
16 September 2020 | 8:30 KST
High-cost, innovative healthcare technologies often bring substantial health benefit or even cures to patients, but can also carry massive price tags. The high cost is often cited as a major barrier to patient access for these treatments. This plenary will discuss novel models that have been proposed to overcome access barriers in Asia Pacific and will also explore how others have addressed this issue outside of the region. Speakers currently include:
- Moderator: Diane Munch, MA; vice president, global pricing, Patient and Health Impact Centers of Excellence, Pfizer, Inc; New York, New York, USA
- Jeonghoon Ahn, PhD; professor, Department of Health Convergence, Ewha Woman’s University; Seoul, South Korea
- Sarah Fitt, BPharm, DipMgmt; chief executive, Pharmaceutical Management Agency; Wellington, New Zealand
- Shanlian Hu, MD, MSc; senior consultant, Shanghai Health Development Research Center, Fudan University; Shanghai, China
- Netnapis Suchonwanich; senior advisor, Health Intervention and Technology Assessment Program; Bangkok, Thailand
In addition to the plenary sessions, Virtual ISPOR Asia Pacific 2020 will feature a spotlight session, issue panels, workshops, and symposia. The spotlight session, “Health Technology Assessment Harmonization in Asia Pacific: Just a Dream or a Future Reality?,” will be held on 15 September 2020 at 14:00 KST as a joint ISPOR/HTAsiaLink event. Research abstracts from the conference will continue to be published in the Society’s journal, Value in Health Regional Issues, and will be available in the ISPOR Presentations Database. The ISPOR Essential HEOR Education Short Course Program will also be offered virtually. The Asia Pacific Short Course Program will be designed for the Asia Pacific market and time zones with dates and times to be announced.
ISPOR, the professional society for health economics and outcomes research (HEOR), is an international, multistakeholder, nonprofit dedicated to advancing HEOR excellence to improve decision making for health globally. The Society is the leading source for scientific conferences, peer-reviewed and MEDLINE®-indexed publications, good practices guidance, education, collaboration, and tools/resources in the field.
Website | LinkedIn | Twitter (@ispororg) | YouTube | Facebook | Instagram