Newswise — Lawrenceville, NJ, USA—September 17, 2019—ISPOR—the professional society for health economics and outcomes research, announced its plenary session and speakers for ISPOR Europe 2019. The conference will be held 2-6 November 2019 in Copenhagen, Denmark and will center on the theme, “Digital Transformation of Healthcare: Changing Roles and Sharing Responsibilities.”
The first plenary session, “Healthcare Digitalization: Instant, On Demand, and Always Connected,” is scheduled for Monday, 4 November 2019. As digitalization continues to be the main driver for healthcare systems’ evolution, this panel will explore the objectives, incentives, and aspirations of the new players in digital transformation and how the roles of traditional stakeholders are changing. Panelists include:
- Moderator: Bogi Eliasen; Copenhagen Institute for Futures Studies, Copenhagen, Denmark
- Elena Bonfiglioli; Microsoft, Brussels, Belgium
- Alexandra Goncalves, MD, PhD, MMSc; Philips Healthcare, Cambridge, MA, USA
- Julian Isla; Microsoft and Foundation 29, Madrid, Spain
- Peter Knox, MPP; The Life Raft Group, Wayne, NJ, USA
- Ernst Kuipers, MD PhD; Erasmus MC University Medical Center, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
- Rebecca Miksad, MD; Flatiron Health, Boston, MA, USA
The second plenary session, “Shaping the Digital Healthcare System,” is scheduled for Tuesday, 5 November 2019. This session will explore how healthcare systems are adapting and valuing new technological developments—such as genomics, artificial intelligence, augmented reality, etc—to deliver more productive, effective, and personal care for patients. Panelists include:
- Moderator: Petra Wilson; Health Connect Partners and FTI Consulting, Brussels, Belgium
- Deborah James; Author, Columnist, Patient Advocate, London, England, UK
- Pekka Kahri, MSc; Helsinki University Hospital, Helsinki, Finland
- Thomas Senderovitz; Danish Medicines Agency and HMA Management Group, Copenhagen, Denmark
- Tristan van Doormaal, MD, PhD; University Hospital Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
The third plenary session, “Big Healthcare Data: Endless Opportunities for Research and Learning,” is scheduled for Wednesday, 6 November 2019. This session will examine the vast opportunities and significant challenges of big data in healthcare with leading global experts who are using these tools to advance research and to drive learning healthcare systems. Panelists include:
- Moderator: Dorte Gyrd-Hansen, PhD, MSc; Danish Centre for Health Economics, University of Southern Denmark, Odense, Denmark
- Laura Hatfield, PhD; Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
- Ziad Obermeyer, MD; University of California, Berkeley, Berkeley, CA, USA
- Michal Rosen-Zvi, PhD; IBM Research and The Hebrew University, Jerusalem, Israel
In addition to the plenary sessions, ISPOR Europe 2019 will feature a wide variety of sessions, including spotlight sessions on transparency of real-world evidence, genomics and health outcomes, and medical device development. The conference also offers the Society’s Essential HEOR Education curriculum of half- and full-day short courses on 2-3 November 2019. The ISPOR Short Course Program offers more than 30 HEOR course topics.
ISPOR is recognized globally as the leading professional society for health economics and outcomes research and its role in improving healthcare decisions. ISPOR Europe 2019 expects to draw more than 5000 healthcare stakeholders with an interest in HEOR, including researchers and academicians, assessors and regulators, payers and policymakers, the life sciences industry, healthcare providers, and patient engagement organizations.
ISPOR, the professional society for health economics and outcomes research (HEOR), is an international, multistakeholder, nonprofit dedicated to advancing HEOR excellence to improve decision making for health globally. The Society is the leading source for scientific conferences, peer-reviewed and MEDLINE®-indexed publications, good practices guidance, education, collaboration, and tools/resources in the field.
Web: www.ispor.org | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/ispororg | Twitter: www.twitter.com/ispororg (@ISPORorg) | YouTube: www.youtube.com/ispororg | Facebook: www.facebook.com/ispororg | Instagram: www.instagram.com/ispororg