Media Advisory: Save the Date for STS Annual Meeting
Newswise — Credentialed press representatives are invited to attend The Society of Thoracic Surgeons 56th Annual Meeting in New Orleans. This is the preeminent event in cardiothoracic surgery, offering more thought-provoking lectures, late-breaking scientific research, and cutting-edge techniques and technologies than any other meeting of its kind.
What: 2020 STS Annual Meeting
When: January 25-28, 2020
Where: Ernest N. Morial Convention Center in New Orleans, LA
- Tech-Con, which includes Shark Tank, on Saturday, January 25
- Scientific sessions Sunday, January 26 – Tuesday, January 28
- Press conference featuring three hot topics on Monday, January 27
- Keynote lectures by:
- Clyde W. Yancy, MD, of Northwestern University’s Feinberg School of Medicine in Chicago, will discuss the importance of diversity in medicine on Sunday, January 26.
- Bartley P. Griffith, MD, of the University of Maryland School of Medicine in Baltimore, will speak about the journey toward a wearable pump lung on Tuesday, January 28.
Registered reporters will have access to:
- Complimentary meeting registration
- Press office (available from Saturday, January 25 to Tuesday, January 28)
- Press conference spotlighting some of the most exciting science from the meeting
- Renowned experts
- Embargoed press materials
- Interview space
Register: Contact Jennifer Bagley, STS Media Relations Manager at 312-202-5865 or [email protected].
Founded in 1964, The Society of Thoracic Surgeons is a not-for-profit organization representing more than 7,400 cardiothoracic surgeons, researchers, and allied health care professionals worldwide who are dedicated to ensuring the best possible outcomes for surgeries of the heart, lung, and esophagus, as well as other surgical procedures within the chest. The Society’s mission is to enhance the ability of cardiothoracic surgeons to provide the highest quality patient care through education, research, and advocacy.