Morristown Medical Center’s Nationally Recognized Heart Team to be Prominently Featured at American College of Cardiology’s 68th Annual Scientific Session
Team to be featured in late-breakers, panels, posters; Dr. Gillam to be presented with Master of the ACC Award
Newswise — Atlantic Health System’s Morristown Medical Center, ranked one of the top 20 cardiology programs in the country by U.S. News & World Report, will be prominently featured at the American College of Cardiology’s 68th Annual Scientific Session, one of the premier meetings in the world for cardiology. The meeting will take place March 16-18 in New Orleans.
Linda D. Gillam, MD, MPH, FACC,the Dorothy and Lloyd Huck Chair of Cardiovascular Medicine at Morristown Medical Center/Atlantic Health System,will be recognized with the 2019 Master of the ACC Award, which recognizes and honors Fellows of the American College of Cardiology who have consistently contributed to the goals and programs of the College and who have provided leadership in important College activities.
Philippe Genereux, MD, noted international cardiovascular researcher and Co-Director of the Structural Heart Program at Morristown Medical Center is co-authoring the initial data from Edwards Lifesciences Corporation (NYSE: EW) PARTNER 3 trial of the SAPIEN 3 valve in a late-breaking abstract session. The randomized sub-study is examining leaflet (a part of the heart valve that controls blood flow) mobility of both the SAPIEN 3 valve and surgical heart valves in low-risk patients undergoing valve replacement for the treatment of severe aortic stenosis.
Morristown Medical Center’s team will be featured in the following sessions:
- March 16, 2019
- Dr. Jordan Safirstein, Director of Transradial Intervention and Assistant Director of the Cardiac Cath Lab Morristown Medical Center, will present a poster on Hand Perfusion During Radial Compression With VasoStat Versus TR Band: A Randomized Trial (Session 1107-070)
- Dr. Natasha Mamdani, a cardiologist at Morristown Medical Center, will present a poster on Familiar Fat, Unexpected Location (Session 1116-190)
- Dr. Gerald Ngo, a Fellow of the Cardiovascular Disease Fellowship Program at Gagnon Cardiovascular Institute, will present a poster on Bioprosthetic Aortic Valve Nonbacterial Thrombotic Endocarditis Without Underlying Malignancy or Autoimmune Disease (Session 1117-218)
- Dr. Linda Gillam will moderate and present a session on Stress Testing in Aortic Stenosis: Who, When and Where? (Session 639-08)
- March 17, 2019
- Dr. Philippe Genereux is co-author of the results of the PARTNER 3 Trial: Transcatheter or Surgical Aortic Valve Replacement in Low-Risk Patients
- Dr. Seth Uretsky, Surgical Director, Mechanical Circulatory Support Morristown Medical Center, will present a poster on Mitral Regurgitant Volume Quantified by MRI Predicts Post Valve Correction Left Ventricular Remodeling (Session 1227-343)
- Dr. Philippe Genereux will be featured as a speaker about Asymptomatic Severe AS: TAVR Should be First Option! (Session 692-16)
- Carrie Redick, RN, Manager Interventional Cardiology, Electrophysiology, Structural Heart, The Valve Center at Morristown Medical Center will be featured on a panel about Developing a Safe Next Day Discharge Program (Session 707-11)
- March 18, 2019
- Dr. Linda Gillam will moderate and present a session aboutInadequate Closure (Leak): What Does It Look Like, When Is it Significant, What Do I Do About (Session 741-12)
- Dr. Linda Gillam will moderate a session on Succeeding in Alternative Payment Models (Session 761)
- Dr. Philippe Genereux will be moderating a session about Concomitant Valve Disease Management: Patient-tailored Therapy for the Intermediate Risk Patient (Session 769)
About The American College of Cardiology
The American College of Cardiologyenvisions a world where innovation and knowledge optimize cardiovascular care and outcomes. As the professional home for the entire cardiovascular care team, the mission of the College and its more than 52,000 members is to transform cardiovascular care and to improve heart health. The ACC bestows credentials upon cardiovascular professionals who meet stringent qualifications and leads in the formation of health policy, standards and guidelines. The College also provides professional medical education, disseminates cardiovascular research through its world-renowned JACC Journals,operates national registries to measure and improve care, and offers cardiovascular accreditation to hospitals and institutions. For more, visit acc.org.
About Heart Care at Atlantic Health System
The Gagnon Cardiovascular Institute at Morristown and Overlook Medical Centers, part of Atlantic Health System, is home to New Jersey’s largest cardiac surgery program, and provides patients with world-class medical experts and award-winning cardiovascular diagnostic and treatment services. Specializing in open-heart, minimally invasive and non-invasive procedures, Gagnon offers its patients individualized care at a hospital that was named one of America’s 20 Best Hospitals for Cardiology and Cardiac Surgery by U.S. News & World Report and one of America’s 100 Best Hospitals for Cardiac Care by Healthgrades. Nationally ranked in cardiology since 2012, the heart care team at Atlantic Health System includes cardiologists with expertise in multiple disciplines, cardiac surgeons, vascular specialists and allied health professionals.
About Atlantic Health System
Atlantic Health Systemis atthe forefront of medicine, setting standards for quality health care in New Jersey, Pennsylvania andthe New York metropolitan area. Powered by a workforce of more than 16,800 team members and 4,800 affiliated physicians dedicated to building healthier communities, Atlantic Health System serves more than half of the state of New Jersey including 11 counties and 4.9 million people. The system offers more than 400 sites of care, including six hospitals: Morristown Medical Center in Morristown, NJ, Overlook Medical Center in Summit, NJ, Newton Medical Center in Newton NJ, Chilton Medical Center in Pompton Plains, NJ, Hackettstown Medical Center in Hackettstown, NJ and Goryeb Children’s Hospital in Morristown, NJ.
In addition to the employed workforce, Atlantic Alliance, a Clinically Integrated Network represents more than 2,500 health care providers throughout northern and central NJ. This network includes 1,000 physicians and providers comprising one of the largest multi-specialty practices in New Jersey, Atlantic Medical Group, as well as members of the Atlantic Accountable Care Organization and Optimus Healthcare Partners which work to enhance patient care delivery.
Atlantic Health System provides care for the full continuum of health care needs including 12 urgent care centers, Atlantic Rehabilitation andAtlantic Home Care and Hospice. Facilitating the connection between these services on both land and air is the transportation fleet of Atlantic Mobile Health.
Atlantic Health System leads the Healthcare Transformation Consortium, a partnership of seven regional hospitals and health systems dedicated to improving access and affordability and is a founding member of the PIER Consortium – Partners in Innovation, Education, and Research – a streamlined clinical trial system that will expand access to groundbreaking research across seven health systems in New Jersey.
Atlantic Health System has a medical school affiliation with Thomas Jefferson University andis home to the regional campus of the Sidney Kimmel Medical College at Morristown and Overlook Medical Centers and is the official health care partner of the New York Jets.