Newswise — Doctors from the University Hospitals (UH) Roe Green Center for Travel Medicine provide the following health tips for vacationers thinking about a cruise in light of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak.
1. As always, the best infection control measure is hand hygiene
2. Avoid cruises currently to Asia
3. Avoid large public gatherings especially in locations where cases have been reported
4. Avoid ill individuals especially with respiratory symptoms
5. Immediately report to clinical personnel if you have had known contact with a case and develop fever and cough
6. Remain informed about the spread of this evolving infection to other geographic areas in making decisions about future travel plans
Robert Salata, MD and Keith Armitage, MD, https://www.uhhospitals.org/services/travel-medicine-services/meet-the-team internationally known travel medicine specialists at UH Roe Green Center for Travel Medicine, provide a wide-range of travel medicine and infectious disease services for travelers before and after short- or long-term domestic or international travel. For pre-travel planning, the team helps travelers prepare for any destination or travel needs. They provide domestic and international travel medicine services for adult, pediatric and corporate travelers.
For more information about the UH Roe Green Center for Travel Medicine:
UH has a digital broadcast studio onsite.