Newswise — The NSF EPSCoR CPU2AL program is sponsoring a 10-week Corporate Internship Program on Plasma Technology Applications (CIPPTA) for students pursuing degrees in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics.
The program provides students at Alabama partner institutions with quality experiences on plasma technology applications at private companies and allows students the opportunity to establish connections with industry and university professionals. It is open to undergraduate and graduate students in a broad spectrum of disciplines.
- A 10-week stipend of $7,000 for graduate students and $6,000 for undergraduates
- A housing and travel allowance for students participating in sites away from their home institutions
- Hands-on industry experience
- The opportunity to learn about low-temperature plasmas and possible career paths at universities and in industry
- The chance to develop professional networks with leading industries and university investigators
Research experiences are offered near Birmingham, Auburn, and Huntsville.
Areas of research include engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics, chemistry, and more.
The ultimate goal of the program is to engage a diverse, educated, skilled pool of scientists and engineers to promote long-term relationships between students, academia, and industry to enhance the Alabama workforce.
How to Apply:
Applications and supporting materials must be submitted at https://www.uah.edu/cpu2al/career-opportunities/cippta.
Application deadline is Jan. 24, 2019, 1 p.m. CDT