Today's COVID-19 era has raised healthcare questions for patients of all ages.
If you need an orthopaedic surgeon to discuss the impact of COVID-19 on patients' musculoskeletal health, the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS) can provide expert sources of information for your readers, viewers and listeners. From addressing the pandemic’s implications on postponed elective orthopaedic surgery to ways to ease into physical activity while maintaining social distance practices, AAOS can offer knowledge and a balanced perspective on significant orthopaedic topics that can help shape future articles and stories. More specifically, AAOS spokespersons can discuss the pandemic's impact on following topics: hip, knee or elbow reconstruction, osteoporosis, pediatric orthopaedics, sports medicine, trauma and oncology and more.
The AAOS has also created a COVID-19 Resource Center on www.orthoinfo.org to address common patient questions such as:
- How has COVID-19 brought about new "best practices" for office visits and telemedicine?
- How can I keep my kids active and entertained while sheltering at home? Are trampolines and inflatable backyard toys worth the investment?
- Is It Safe to See My Orthopaedic Surgeon During the Pandemic?
- Why is it important to stay fit and active?
- What changes can I expect when I go in for my rescheduled procedure?
- What orthopaedic clinical options are available without having to go to the ER?
- How can I continue my orthopaedic care during COVID-19?
- What should I do if my orthopaedic surgery is postponed?
- Is my orthopaedic surgeon still able to provide treatment?
- Can doing too much – or not enough – exercise while sheltering in place be harmful?
- What Should I Do If I Have a Bone or Joint Infection During the Pandemic?
To schedule an interview with an AAOS expert to learn more about common orthopaedic diagnosis, treatment and injury prevention during this COVID-19 era, email email@example.com or call 847-384-4035.
With more than 39,000 members, the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons is the world’s largest medical association of musculoskeletal specialists. The AAOS is the trusted leader in advancing musculoskeletal health. It provides the highest quality, most comprehensive education to help orthopaedic surgeons and allied health professionals at every career level best treat patients in their daily practices. The AAOS is the source for information on bone and joint conditions, treatments and related musculoskeletal health care issues and it leads the health care discussion on advancing quality.
Find the latest research articles in the Journal of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons.