Ohio’s electric cooperatives are committed to the health and safety of our members and employees during the COVID-19 pandemic crisis.
All 24 Ohio-based electric cooperatives are temporarily suspending disconnects for non-payment of electric service due to the current challenges.
Please understand each member is still responsible for paying the balance on their account, and continuing to pay what you can will help you avoid a larger balance in the future.
Ohio’s Electric Cooperatives can offer commentary on:
- How the pandemic has impacted rural Ohio
- The need for broadband (high-speed) internet accessibly for rural Ohio citizens—notably for access to news, information, health care, as well as for economic development
- Power plant operations as an essential service
- Electric linemen safety precautions amid the pandemic
- General inquiries re: the electric cooperative industry as a resource for rural America
- International impact of COVID-19 (as the pandemic crested, we had 16 linemen return from a Guatemalan mission trip to install electricity in a remote village, only to find that borders were closed and flight grounded; permission to depart Guatemala required high-level governmental intercession)