Newswise — The American Educational Research Association (AERA) and the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) will co-host a webinar on “Education Research Worldwide in a Covid and Post-Covid World” at 9:30-11:00 am EDT Wednesday, September 23.
This AERA-OECD webinar will examine priorities and planning for education research at a time when education and learning face uncertainty and dislocation. In this interactive discussion, research leaders from around the world will share insights on how education research is currently contributing to the response to COVID-19 for all levels of education and forms of learning. They will also discuss what is needed to further understand and monitor related challenges, and will offer evidence-based policies to help education leaders, government officials, schools, and education systems make sound decisions.
The webinar will explore how the worldwide research community can collaboratively contribute to the design of COVID and post-COVID education and to the implementation of new research processes that can help inform stakeholders during and after the crisis.
- Felice J. Levine, AERA Executive Director
- Stéphan Vincent-Lancrin, Deputy Head of the Innovation and Measuring Progress Division and Senior Analyst at the OECD Directorate for Education and Skills
- Hidenori Fujita, Past President, Japanese Educational Research Association (Tsuru University)
- Shaun R. Harper, AERA President (University of Southern California)
- Debra Myhill, President, European Educational Research Association (University of Exeter)
- Joe O'Hara, President, European Educational Research Association (Dublin City University)
- Andreas Schleicher, OECD Director for Education and Skills
Wednesday, September 23, 2020, 9:30-11:00 AM EDT.
- The event will be held on Zoom. Register here.
- This event is open to the public. ASL and closed captioning will be provided. Please register in advance.
The American Educational Research Association (AERA) is the largest national interdisciplinary research association devoted to the scientific study of education and learning. Founded in 1916, AERA advances knowledge about education, encourages scholarly inquiry related to education, and promotes the use of research to improve education and serve the public good. Find AERA on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.