Newswise — Schaumburg, Illinois, September 5, 2019—The Congress of Neurological Surgeons leads, promotes, and supports the creation and methodological processes to produce evidence-based guidelines—critical tools to confront a rapidly changing health care environment. Please mark your calendars to attend the following Guidelines Sessions at the 2019 Annual Meeting, held October 19–23, 2019, in San Francisco.
MONDAY, 7:00–8:30 am:
- Guidelines for DBS for Parkinson's Disease and Neuroablation for Pain–Moderators: Clement Hamani, Ahmed M.T. Raslan; Speakers: Clement Hamani, Julie G. Pilitsis, Anand I. Rughani, Jason M. Schwalb
- Guidelines for the Management of Metastatic Disease to the Spine: The Evidence–Moderators: Sanjay S. Dhall, John E. O’Toole; Speakers: Kurt M. Eichholz, Benjamin D. Elder, Langston T. Holly, Todd D. McCall, Timothy C. Ryken, Daniel M. Sciubba, Nicholas J. Szerlip
TUESDAY, 7:00–8:30 am:
- Guidelines on Management on Brain Metastases Update–Moderators: Melanie H. Gephart, Jonathan H. Sherman; Speakers: James B. Elder, Ricardo J. Komotar, Michael A.Vogelbaum, Y. Josh Yamada
WEDNESDAY, 7:00–8:30 am:
- Guidelines for Management of Glioblastoma–Moderators: S. Kathleen Bandt, Ricardo J. Komotar; Speakers: Mitchel S. Berger, Susan M. Chang, Ali Jalali, Eric C. Leuthardt, Taiichi Saito, Adam M. Sonabend,
- Brain/Spine Trauma Guidelines: What You Need to Know–Moderators: Paul M. Arnold, Patricia B. Raksin; Speakers: John H. Chi, Sanjay S. Dhall, Jamshid Ghajar, R. John Hurlbert, Daniel M. Sciubba, Emily P. Sieg, Michael F. Stiefel, Eve C. Tsai
- Cerebrovascular Guidelines: Aneurysms, Arteriovenous Malformations, and Acute Ischemic Stroke–Moderators: Scott D. Simon, Stavropoula I. Tjoumakaris; Speakers: Sepideh Amin-Hanjani, Mark D. Bain, Kevin M. Cockroft, Aaron S. Dumont, J D. Mocco, Clemens M. Schirmer, Babu G. Welch, Stacey Q. Wolfe
For more details on the 2019 CNS Annual Meeting, featured speakers, and registration information, visit cns.org/2019. Follow the CNS on Twitter @CNS_Update, #2019CNS, or on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and YouTube.
About the Congress of Neurological Surgeons The Congress of Neurological Surgeons (CNS) is the global leader in neurosurgical education, serving to promote health by advancing neurosurgery through innovation and excellence in education. The CNS provides leadership in neurosurgery by inspiring and facilitating scientific discovery and its translation into clinical practice. The CNS maintains the vitality of the profession through volunteer efforts of its members and the development of leadership in service to the public, to colleagues in other disciplines, and to neurosurgeons throughout the world in all stages of their professional lives. For more information, visit cns.org.