Newswise — (April 15, 2021) – What can you expect at the ATS 2021 International Conference, taking place May 14-19? We’ve gone ahead and identified some “hot topics” for your consideration.
Selected by the International Conference Committee chair, these sessions comprise a spectrum of programming that have traditionally been most popular among attendees or that spotlight issues of particular interest to the global community. Whether or not you have completed your press registration, make a note of some sessions from our list of “hot topics”:
- A01 Rehabilitation and COVID-19: Opportunities and Challenges
- B10 Improving Research, Operations, and Clinical Care for the Next Pandemic: COVID-19 Lessons
- A11 ATS President’s Symposium: Can Racial and Ethnic Disparities in Respiratory Health Be Eliminated?
- Keynote Series
- K001 Vaccines on the Horizon: Implications for Practice and Policy – Kristen Feemster, MD, MPH, MSHP
- K002 Breathing New Life into Research and Practice with Sex and Gender Science – Cara Tannenbaum, MDCM, MSc
- K003 Crisis Communication in a Respiratory Pandemic: The Complicated Intersection of Media, Data, and Politics – Vinay Gupta, MD, MPA, MSt
- K004 The Climate Gap: Connecting Equity and Sustainability to Advance Environmental Justice – Rachel Morello-Frosch, PhD, MPH
In addition to the keynote series above, Anthony Fauci, MD, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, will kick off the Opening Ceremony on May 15. The title of his talk is "COVID-19 in 2021: Lessons Learned and Remaining Challenges."
Explore the complete list of COVID-19 programs here. Explore the complete list of Racism & Health Disparities Programs here. Browse through the Program in Advance here.
We hope you can join us.
Please contact Dacia Morris, director of communications and marketing, at [email protected] with any questions.