Cherie R. Kagan, University of Pennsylvania, will serve as MRS Vice President beginning January 1, 2020. She will lead the Board of Directors as MRS President in 2021, and finish her three-year term as Immediate Past President in 2022. More information on Kagan can be found at mrs.org/elections/cherie-kagan.
In addition, Dawnielle Farrar-Gaines, Johns Hopkins University, has been elected as MRS Secretary. She will begin her three-year term in January 2020.
The election also brings five new members to the MRS Board of Directors, who will each serve three-year terms beginning January 1, 2020. They are:
- Leonard Brillson, The Ohio State University
- Kristen H. Brosnan, GE Global Research
- Coray M. Colina, University of Florida
- Catherine Dubourdieu, Freie Universität Berlin and Helmholtz Zentrum Berlin für Materialien und Energie
- Ting Xu, University of California, Berkeley
The MRS Board of Directors is the governing body of the Materials Research Society and is responsible for setting the strategic direction of major Society activities.
Press Release: www.mrs.org/board2020.