INNOVATIVE FUNDRAISING FOR GLAUCOMA RESEARCH
Newswise — New York, NY -- The Glaucoma Foundation (TGF) has announced the launch on August 16 of its third Art Challenge to Celebrate Vision, an annual project to bring untapped audiences together in support of TGF’s mission while raising the visibility of the Foundation.
For thirty-seven years, The Glaucoma Foundation has worked to identify, encourage, and fund scientific research into the potentially blinding disease of glaucoma, with the goal of eradicating vision loss and blindness from glaucoma and improving the lives of those affected by the disease. Last year, the Art Challenge raised $151,660 to fund glaucoma research.
“The Art Challenge adds a new and creative dimension to our fundraising efforts, says Elena Sturman, TGF’s President and CEO. It broadens our circle of friends in an innovative way with artists and art lovers participating in support of our research program. Every dollar raised will help support the Foundation’s 2023 research grant cycle. We invite everyone who makes art, and everyone who appreciates art, to join us.”
The project will again bring the vision of artists into focus, encouraging artists (at three levels) to submit a digital image of their original work and then ask family, friends, and colleagues to support their vision with donations to TGF.
- Each work appears on the artist’s own Art Challenge page on the TGF website, where family, friends and other art lovers can make donations in their honor.
- Until total donations in support of an artwork reaches the required Donation Focus level, the artwork appears blurry and pixelated.
- Gifts on the artist’s page will bring the work into full focus and qualify it to move into TGF’s virtual art gallery at the end of the Challenge on September 16th.
- At the close of fundraising, everyone is invited to vote for their favorite artwork. Two awards of $500 will be announced.
- All participants will have their art and bio included in a new book, “Visions for Vision 2022.”