Newswise — October 16, 2017 – Wolters Kluwer Health announced today that “Neinstein’s Adolescent and Young Adult Health Care: A Practical Guide, 6th Edition” by Lawrence S Neinstein, Debra K Katzman, S Todd Callahan, Catherine M Gordon, Alain Joffe and Vaughn I Rickert, was named the British Medical Association (BMA) Book of the Year for 2017. Eight Lippincott published titles were also recognized as first-prize winners or highly commended in their categories.
The annual BMA Medical Book Awards recognize outstanding contributions to medical literature. A judging panel, made up of doctors and educators, review books for their applicability to audience, production quality and originality. The Book of the Year is selected from the winners in 20 award categories.
“It is incredibly exciting to receive the Medical Book of the Year award from the British Medical Association for the second consecutive year, and receive recognition of seven other Lippincott books,” said Jayne Marks, Vice President, Global Publishing, Wolters Kluwer, Health Learning, Research and Practice. “Our authors, as well as our publishing and editorial teams work hard to develop high quality, evidence-based texts to support decisions on effective patient care. We could not be prouder of this recognition.”
Other BMA award-winning titles published by Lippincott include:
- Anaesthesia Highly Commended: A Practical Approach to Obstetric Anesthesia, 2nd Edition. by Curtis L Baysinger, Brenda A Bucklin and David R Gambling
- Cardiology, First Prize: Moss & Adams' Heart Disease in Infants, Children, and Adolescents, Including the Fetus and Young Adult, 9th Edition by Hugh D Allen, Robert E Shaddy, Daniel J Penny, Timothy F. Feltes and Frank Cetta
- Medicine, Highly Commended: Principles of Pharmacology: The Pathophysiologic Basis of Drug Therapy, 4th Edition by David E Golan, Ehrin J Armstrong and April W Armstrong
- Oncology, Highly Commended: Pediatric Radiation Oncology, 6th Edition by Louis S Constine, Nancy J Tarbell and Edward C Halperin
- Paediatrics, First Prize: Neinstein's Adolescent and Young Adult Health Care: A Practical Guide, 6th Edition by Lawrence S Neinstein, Debra K Katzman, S Todd Callahan, Catherine M Gordon, Alain Joffe and Vaughn I Rickert
- Paediatrics, Highly Commended: Pediatric Evidence: The Practice-Changing Studies Edited by Lindsay P Carter, Vandana L Madhaven and Meredith GA Eicken; Series edited by Emily L Aaronson, Erik L Antonsen and Arjun K Venkatesh
- Surgery, Highly Commended: Operative Techniques in Spine Surgery, 2nd Edition Edited by John Rhee and Scott D Boden; Editor-in-chief Sam W Wiesel
- Surgery, Highly Commended: Operative Techniques in Shoulder and Elbow Surgery, 2nd Edition edited Gerald R Williams, Matthew L Ramsey, Brent B Wiesel and Sam W Wiesel
The complete list of 2017 BMA Award winners can be found on the BMA website.
About Wolters Kluwer
Wolters Kluwer N.V. (AEX: WKL) is a global leader in information services and solutions for professionals in the health, tax and accounting, risk and compliance, finance and legal sectors. We help our customers make critical decisions every day by providing expert solutions that combine deep domain knowledge with specialized technology and services.
Wolters Kluwer reported 2016 annual revenues of €4.3 billion. The company, headquartered in Alphen aan den Rijn, the Netherlands, serves customers in over 180 countries, maintains operations in over 40 countries and employs 19,000 people worldwide.
Wolters Kluwer Health is a leading global provider of information and point of care solutions for the healthcare industry. For more information about our products and the organization, visit http://www.wolterskluwer.com/, follow @WKHealth or @Wolters_Kluwer on Twitter, like us on Facebook, follow us on LinkedIn, or follow WoltersKluwerComms on YouTube.