• Older adults who initiate dialysis for kidney failure face a higher likelihood of being diagnosed with dementia and Alzheimer’s disease.
• Certain risk factors were linked this higher risk.
• Older hemodialysis patients with a diagnosis...
3-Aug-2018 9:00 AM EDT Add to Favorites
• In an interview study of kidney specialists, 4 different approaches to discussing the option of dialysis versus conservative management for older patients with kidney failure were evident.
• Nephrologists should reflect on their approach and...
20-Jul-2018 4:00 PM EDT Add to Favorites
The ASN Foundation for Kidney Research provides more than $3 million in funding for clinical and basic research for members at all stages of their careers.
26-Jul-2018 1:05 PM EDT Add to Favorites
• Among individuals with autosomal dominant polycystic kidney disease, those who were treated with tolvaptan for up to 11 years had a slower rate of kidney function decline compared with historical controls.
• Annualized kidney function...
13-Jul-2018 9:00 AM EDT Add to Favorites
• Compared with warfarin use, direct oral anticoagulant use was linked with a 23% higher risk of bleeding in patients with chronic kidney disease.
• There was no difference between direct oral anticoagulant and warfarin users in benefits from...
6-Jul-2018 1:05 PM EDT Add to Favorites
Bloodstream infections can be life-threatening to individuals undergoing kidney dialysis. Following infection control procedures is critical, yet best practices may not always occur at busy dialysis facilities.
12-Jul-2018 9:00 AM EDT Add to Favorites
The Journal of the American Society of Nephrology (JASN) maintains its prominent position in the field of nephrology in Impact Factor for 2017, with a score of 8.7 according to Journal Citation Reports® (JCR). This Impact Factor reflects the...
10-Jul-2018 9:00 AM EDT Add to Favorites
• A synthetic adeno-associated virus was highly efficient at delivering genetic material to different kidney cell types in mice and humans.
• The viral vector was also successfully used in gene therapy strategies to treat mice with kidney...
29-Jun-2018 9:00 AM EDT Add to Favorites
see all news