• Certain indicators may be used to monitor and improve the performance of transplant centers in how efficiently they evaluate individuals interested in becoming living kidney donors.
18-Sep-2020 11:35 AM EDT Add to Favorites
• Over the last decade, the Department of Veterans Affairs implemented payment changes to reduce spending on community dialysis treatments and to improve access to care for Veterans with kidney failure.
• The changes led to reduced costs for...
23-Sep-2020 12:15 PM EDT Add to Favorites
In an analysis of patients hospitalized with COVID-19, kidney damage associated with the infectious disease was linked with a higher risk of dying during hospitalization.
17-Sep-2020 8:05 AM EDT Add to Favorites
• A recent analysis examines data from over the past 25 years concerning couples’ use of genetic testing for kidney diseases in embryos from in vitro fertilization.
• The analysis provides the first report on the types of genetic kidney...
21-Aug-2020 9:00 AM EDT Add to Favorites
• An assessment of symptoms that was incorporated into routine care for patients undergoing hemodialysis successfully standardized symptom screening processes, improved patient and provider symptom awareness, and empowered patients to raise issues...
19-Aug-2020 4:50 PM EDT Add to Favorites
Study Uncovers Racial and Ethnic Disparities in Flu Vaccination Rates among U.S. Dialysis Facilities
• Among US patients undergoing dialysis, those visiting dialysis facilities with higher proportions of minorities are less likely to be vaccinated against influenza, and the disparity seems to be increasing.
10-Aug-2020 7:25 AM EDT Add to Favorites
• Studies conducted in mouse models, patients with cystic fibrosis, and different types of cells have helped to define how cystic fibrosis affects the kidneys.
• A urine test may help to assess aspects of cystic fibrosis in patients, which may...
17-Jul-2020 9:00 AM EDT Add to Favorites
HHS and the American Society of Nephrology Announce Winners of $3 Million Kidneyx Redesign Dialysis Phase 2 Prize Competition at Kidneyx Summit
Today, the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) and the American Society of Nephrology (ASN) announced the six winners of the $3 million KidneyX: Redesign Dialysis Phase 2 competition during the virtual KidneyX Summit.
21-Jul-2020 5:05 PM EDT Add to Favorites
See All News
American Society of Nephrology President and ASN Director of Policy and Government Affairs Comment on Trump Administration’s Overhaul of Kidney Care
10-Jul-2019 9:00 AM EDT
ASN Policy Expert and HIV Patient Advocate Available for Comment on Anticipated Passage of Hope ACT Today
12-Nov-2013 12:00 PM ESTSee All Experts