In a population-based study, both patients on dialysis and those who received kidney transplants experienced over 2.5-times higher risks of cancer death than age- and sex-matched individuals without kidney failure.
8-Feb-2019 8:05 AM EST Add to Favorites
• When kidney failure patients experienced cardiac arrest at outpatient dialysis facilities, CPR initiated by dialysis staff was associated with a better chance of survival but was only performed in 81% of cardiac arrest events.
1-Feb-2019 9:20 AM EST Add to Favorites
• Certain practices in dialysis facilities related to managing fluid volume and low blood pressure during dialysis are important to patients’ health and survival.
30-Jan-2019 8:00 AM EST Add to Favorites
• Among kidney failure patients on hemodialysis, those who consumed higher amounts of fruits and vegetables had lower risks for dying prematurely—both from cardiovascular and non-cardiovascular causes.
25-Jan-2019 9:45 AM EST Add to Favorites
• Patients undergoing dialysis experience various barriers to exercise—predominately fatigue, shortness of breath, and weakness.
• Patients were primarily interested in exercise as a mechanism to improve quality of life as opposed to reduce...
24-Jan-2019 9:35 AM EST Add to Favorites
• Among kidney transplant recipients, cognitive performance improved significantly for both frail and nonfrail recipients by 3 months post-transplant.
• Between 1 and 4 years post-transplant, improvements plateaued among nonfrail recipients,...
18-Jan-2019 9:00 AM EST Add to Favorites
• Influenza-like illness was linked with seasonal variation in the death rates of US patients with kidney failure.
20-Jan-2019 9:05 AM EST Add to Favorites
• Whole-exome sequencing of blood or saliva revealed a genetic diagnosis of kidney disease in 32.7% of pediatric kidney transplant recipients.
• The findings indicate that such a sequencing strategy may help individualize pre- and...
11-Jan-2019 9:25 AM EST Add to Favorites
see all news