• Kidney diseases affect more than 850 million people worldwide.
• KidneyCure continues to propel positive change in public health, once again funding more than $3 million to support research that changes lives.
• This year’s grant...
1-Jul-2020 9:00 AM EDT Add to Favorites
• A new study has found that common terms used by physicians to describe kidney health may be distressing or too difficult to understand for patients with kidney disease.
19-Jun-2020 9:00 AM EDT Add to Favorites
• Physicians who are training to become kidney specialists reported that the electronic medical record enhances their education, but the time demands of data and order entry can be a downside.
18-Jun-2020 9:00 AM EDT Add to Favorites
Kidney Health Initiative Urges Investigators to Include People with Kidney Diseases in Clinical Trials for Coronavirus 2019 (COVID-19) Therapies
People with kidney diseases are often excluded from clinical trials because of the complexity and high morbidity of kidney disease.
COVID-19 puts people with kidney diseases at a two to sixteen-fold increased risk of severe symptoms.
9-Jun-2020 1:45 PM EDT Add to Favorites
• In a study of adults with kidney failure treated with dialysis, 21% of patients reported regret that they decided to initiate dialysis.
Certain factors were linked with a higher likelihood of experiencing regret
29-May-2020 6:10 PM EDT Add to Favorites
• In a study of patients with newly diagnosed kidney failure at 71 kidney centers in the UK, older age, additional illnesses, obesity, and lower socioeconomic status were associated with a lower likelihood of being put on transplant waiting list.
22-May-2020 12:25 PM EDT Add to Favorites
Kidney Health Initiative Urges the Acceleration of Home Therapy Technology in Response to Coronavirus 2019 (Covid-19)
The COVID-19 pandemic highlights the vulnerability of people with kidney failure who rely on in-center hemodialysis. People with kidney failure are at high risk of severe COVID-19 complications and are exposed to infection due to a kidney...
28-May-2020 2:20 PM EDT Add to Favorites
• In an analysis of information on US adults initiating hemodialysis, 16% of patients were dispensed a short-acting benzodiazepine, and approximately one-quarter of these patients were also dispensed opioids.
• Among patients with an opioid...
20-May-2020 10:55 AM EDT Add to Favorites
See All News
American Society of Nephrology President and ASN Director of Policy and Government Affairs Comment on Trump Administration’s Overhaul of Kidney Care
10-Jul-2019 9:00 AM EDT
ASN Policy Expert and HIV Patient Advocate Available for Comment on Anticipated Passage of Hope ACT Today
12-Nov-2013 12:00 PM ESTSee All Experts