• Removal of race adjustments to equations that estimate kidney function would increase the number of people categorized as having chronic kidney disease.
• There are several modifications for removing race that vary in their expected impact on...
22-Jul-2021 4:05 PM EDT Add to Favorites
• After kidney transplantation, natural killer cells of the recipient become active because they miss “self” proteins on donor cells.
• These cells contribute to organ rejection, in addition to traditional modes of rejection involving T...
16-Jul-2021 9:55 AM EDT Add to Favorites
• The results of a new study support the validity of a score that considers various patient-reported outcome measures and preferences for assessing health-related quality of life in individuals with kidney failure.
• The score is...
13-Jul-2021 9:00 AM EDT Add to Favorites
• The sodium-glucose co-transporter 2 inhibitor dapagliflozin reduced kidney, cardiovascular, and mortality risks in patients with advanced chronic kidney disease, similar to benefits seen in individuals with normal or moderately impaired kidney...
13-Jul-2021 1:55 PM EDT Add to Favorites
• In this analysis of U.S. adults with advanced kidney disease, even low levels of lead in community drinking water had a negative effect on health.
• Higher lead levels were found in the drinking water of predominantly Black communities...
9-Jul-2021 8:05 AM EDT Add to Favorites
• The physician-scientist workforce doing kidney research in the United States is increasingly made up of women and international medical graduates.
• However, this workforce is older, declining in relative number, and is less overwhelmingly...
12-Jul-2021 2:55 PM EDT Add to Favorites
For Individuals Undergoing Dialysis, More Frequent Visits with Kidney Specialists Does Not Improve Patient-Reported Experiences
• Patients with kidney failure did not report better experience with care from more frequent face-to-face visits with kidney specialists at dialysis facilities.
• In fact, more frequent visits were linked with slightly lower patient-reported...
12-Jul-2021 4:55 PM EDT Add to Favorites
• Among individuals with chronic kidney disease, iron deficiency was linked with higher risks of death and cardiovascular events, in patients with and without anemia.
• Clinical trials are needed to test the effects of iron treatment, even in...
2-Jul-2021 12:45 PM EDT Add to Favorites
See All News
American Society of Nephrology President and ASN Director of Policy and Government Affairs Comment on Trump Administration’s Overhaul of Kidney Care
10-Jul-2019 9:00 AM EDT
ASN Policy Expert and HIV Patient Advocate Available for Comment on Anticipated Passage of Hope ACT Today
12-Nov-2013 12:00 PM ESTSee All Experts