• In a study of patients with chronic kidney disease who did or did not wear medical-alert bracelets or necklaces, the frequency of safety events—or unintended harm from medical therapy—reported at annual visits was not different in the 2...
31-May-2019 12:05 PM EDT Add to Favorites
• Volume overload, or too much fluid in the body, is a frequent problem in patients with kidney failure initiating peritoneal dialysis.
• Volume overload tends to improve over time after starting peritoneal dialysis, but is consistently...
17-May-2019 9:00 AM EDT Add to Favorites
The American Society of Nephrology (ASN) today announced the appointment of Michael Allon, MD, as the first Editor-in-Chief of Kidney360, ASN’s new online journal launching in January 2020.
21-May-2019 8:00 AM EDT Add to Favorites
Statement of American Society of Nephrology President Mark E. Rosenberg, MD, FASN, on Fiscal Year 2020 Proposed Budget of $41.1 Billion for the National Institutes of Health
Washington, DC (May 2, 2019) – On behalf of the more than 40 million children, adolescents, and adults living with kidney diseases in the United States, the American Society of Nephrology (ASN) applauds the House Labor, Health and Human Services,...
2-May-2019 11:05 AM EDT Add to Favorites
The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Office of the Chief Technology Officer and the American Society of Nephrology have selected 15 winning teams for Phase 1 of the KidneyX Redesign Dialysis prize competition. Through a series of prize...
26-Apr-2019 4:15 PM EDT Add to Favorites
• In middle-aged adults, following a healthy plant-based diet was linked with a lower risk of developing chronic kidney disease.
• Following an overall plant-based diet or a healthy plant-based diet was linked with experiencing a slower decline...
19-Apr-2019 9:00 AM EDT Add to Favorites
• The Time to Reduce Mortality in ESRD (TiME) trial was a large pragmatic trial demonstration project designed to determine the benefits of hemodialysis sessions that are longer than many patients currently receive.
• The trial was conducted...
12-Apr-2019 9:00 AM EDT Add to Favorites
John Sedor, MD, FASN to Lead Public-Private Kidney Care Innovation Accelerator
18-Apr-2019 8:00 AM EDT Add to Favorites
see all news