• In a study of urban-dwelling individuals, housing insecurity was linked with a higher risk of developing albuminuria, a sign of kidney disease.
27-Mar-2020 10:55 AM EDT Add to Favorites
• The American Society of Nephrology has launched several initiatives to provide guidance on COVID-19 as it relates to the care of patients with kidney disease.
31-Mar-2020 8:20 AM EDT Add to Favorites
• Two studies examine potential benefits of blood pressure monitoring outside of doctors’ offices for patients with kidney disease.
24-Mar-2020 4:05 PM EDT Add to Favorites
Does Patient’s Distance to Transplant Centers Affect Likelihood of Being Considered for Transplantation?
• In an analysis of information on adults who began treatment for kidney failure at any Georgia, North Carolina, or South Carolina dialysis facility, the distance from a patient’s residence to the nearest transplant center did not appear to...
19-Mar-2020 9:00 AM EDT Add to Favorites
Kidney Health Initiative Completes Project Focused on Clinical Trial End Points for Primary Hyperoxaluria
Available evidence supports the use of marked changes in urine oxalate in CKD stages 1-3a and plasma oxalate in CKD stages 3b-5 as surrogate end points for clinical trials in primary hyperoxaluria.
Worsening kidney function is considered an...
13-Mar-2020 5:05 PM EDT Add to Favorites
• Study results call into question the utility of testing blood pressure load—the proportion of elevated blood pressure readings detected over 24 hours—for diagnosing hypertension in children.
13-Mar-2020 4:30 PM EDT Add to Favorites
• In a study of kidney transplant recipients, the composition of certain immune cells in the blood 1 year after kidney transplantation was linked with a patient’s subsequent risk of kidney transplant failure.
6-Mar-2020 9:00 AM EST Add to Favorites
American Society of Nephrology Executive Vice President Named President of the Council of Medical Specialty Societies
Tod Ibrahim, executive vice president of the American Society of Nephrology, was recently named president of the Council of Medical Specialty Societies (CMSS).
10-Mar-2020 8:50 AM EDT Add to Favorites
See All News
American Society of Nephrology President and ASN Director of Policy and Government Affairs Comment on Trump Administration’s Overhaul of Kidney Care
10-Jul-2019 9:00 AM EDT
ASN Policy Expert and HIV Patient Advocate Available for Comment on Anticipated Passage of Hope ACT Today
12-Nov-2013 12:00 PM ESTSee All Experts