Quality of Patient Experience with Doctors May Affect Hospitalization Risk in Hispanics with Kidney Disease
• Lower perceived quality of patient-physician interaction was associated with a higher risk of hospitalization in Hispanics with chronic kidney disease.
• Quality of patient-physician interaction was not associated with risk of developing...
12-Oct-2018 10:05 AM EDT Add to Favorites
To further its mission of facilitating timely and broad dissemination of kidney science, the American Society of Nephrology (ASN) today announced an addition to its journal portfolio, Kidney360. The journal will available online monthly beginning...
16-Oct-2018 10:10 AM EDT Add to Favorites
Which Factors Are Linked with Wellbeing and Medication Adherence in Young Adults with Kidney Failure?
• In a study of young adults with kidney failure, poor wellbeing and lower medication adherence were both associated with psychological morbidity.
• Dialysis treatment (vs. kidney transplantation) was associated with poorer wellbeing and...
10-Oct-2018 12:05 PM EDT Add to Favorites
In 2016, the ASN Foundation for Kidney Research launched the Securing the Future Campaign with the goal to endow the Career Development Grants Program. The campaign has since raised more than $22 million through generous contributions from industry,...
15-Oct-2018 3:05 PM EDT Add to Favorites
The American Society of Nephrology (ASN), the world’s largest organization of kidney health professionals, released a new report on the annual survey of nephrology fellows authored by George Washington University (GW) researchers.
12-Oct-2018 8:00 AM EDT Add to Favorites
• Certain parameters measured by ultrasound helped predict the success of an arteriovenous fistula, the preferred type of hemodialysis vascular access, in individual patients.
5-Oct-2018 9:00 AM EDT Add to Favorites
• In a multi-ethnic study of individuals without kidney disease, high blood levels of an inflammatory marker, sTNFR-1, were associated with greater kidney function decline over time.
• This association was independent of previously known risk...
28-Sep-2018 5:05 PM EDT Add to Favorites
Practice Setting a Key Factor for Early Career Nephrologists, GW Report Determines Practice Setting Found to Influence Income and Job Satisfaction
The American Society of Nephrology (ASN), the world’s largest organization of kidney health professionals, released a new analysis of early career nephrologists authored by George Washington University (GW) researchers.
GW’s report details...
1-Oct-2018 8:00 AM EDT Add to Favorites
see all news