• Survey results indicate that acute kidney injury (AKI) has significant impacts on individuals’ physical and emotional health, as well as on their work and family life.
• Only about half of respondents rated medical team communication about...
6-Dec-2021 2:30 PM EST Add to Favorites
• Video-based telemedicine is used to facilitate care across all stages of chronic kidney disease.
• Video-based telemedicine has evolved in recent years to be less reliant on specialized equipment and has allowed patients to receive kidney...
2-Dec-2021 11:40 AM EST Add to Favorites
Study examines immune responses in patients with kidney failure after receiving different COVID-19 vaccines
Individuals with kidney failure who were on dialysis had an incomplete and delayed antibody response and a blunted cellular immune response following COVID-19 vaccination, compared with people with normal kidney function.
22-Nov-2021 2:05 PM EST Add to Favorites
Immune system–related differences may explain higher COVID-19 deaths among patients on dialysis and kidney transplant recipients
• People who are on dialysis or who have undergone kidney transplantation have immune system–related differences compared with people with normal kidney function, and these differences are further amplified by SARS-CoV-2 infection.
3-Nov-2021 10:15 AM EDT Add to Favorites
• Taking sodium-glucose cotransporter 2 inhibitors was linked with lower risks of developing cardiovascular disease and kidney failure among patients with type 1 diabetes when using prediction models called the Steno Type 1 Risk...
3-Nov-2021 10:35 AM EDT Add to Favorites
• Results from a recent clinical trial indicate that the diabetes drug dapagliflozin slows kidney function decline in patients with chronic kidney disease, regardless of whether they have diabetes.
• Results from the study will be presented...
3-Nov-2021 10:10 AM EDT Add to Favorites
The results of numerous high-impact clinical trials that could affect kidney-related medical care will be presented online at ASN Kidney Week 2021 November 4–November 7.
3-Nov-2021 3:50 PM EDT Add to Favorites
Today, the American Society of Nephrology (ASN) announced the Barbara T. Murphy Endowed Lectureship. Established by Verici Dx (LSE: VRCI), Renalytix (LSE RENX and Nasdaq RNLX), and the American Society of Transplantation (AST), the new lectureship...
5-Nov-2021 11:00 AM EDT Add to Favorites
See All News
American Society of Nephrology President and ASN Director of Policy and Government Affairs Comment on Trump Administration’s Overhaul of Kidney Care
10-Jul-2019 9:00 AM EDT
ASN Policy Expert and HIV Patient Advocate Available for Comment on Anticipated Passage of Hope ACT Today
12-Nov-2013 12:00 PM ESTSee All Experts