Newswise — August 31, 2021 – Wolters Kluwer, Health announced today that 14 of its Lippincott healthcare publications won 20 awards in the 33rd annual Awards for Publication Excellence (APEX) Awards. Emergency Medicine News, Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery-Global Open, Neurology Today, Nurse Educator and the American Journal of Nursing all received Grand Awards.
“It is an honor to have 14 of our publications recognized by the APEX Awards this year for their exceptional coverage of specialty healthcare topics in an expanding range of formats including print, digital and audio,” said Jennifer Brogan, Vice President, Journal Publishing & Society Services at Wolters Kluwer, Health Learning, Research & Practice. “We are proud of our editorial teams and our society partners for their efforts over the past year to ensure that clinicians across the globe had access to the latest guidance in their specialty fields as well as timely access to groundbreaking COVID-19 research.”
The APEX Awards recognize extraordinary work by professional communicators and are based on excellence in editorial content, graphic design, and overall communications. Grand Awards honor outstanding works in each main category, while Awards of Excellence recognize exceptional entries in each of the individual sub-categories.
Wolters Kluwer’s awards include:
- Emergency Medicine News: COVID-19 Media – “What’s Working for COVID-19 Patients in the Epicenter”
- Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery-Global Open, published on behalf of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons: Magazines, Journals & Tabloids – PRS Global Open
- Neurology Today, published on behalf of the American Academy of Neurology: Magazines, Journals & Tabloids – Neurology Today
- Nurse Educator: Print Media – “What’s Race Got to Do With It? A Close Look at the Misuse of Race in Case-Based Nursing Education”
- American Journal of Nursing: Social Media – AJN Off the Charts: “Deserted: Note from a Young ICU Nurse as COVID-19 Pandemic Intensifies in U.S.,” “A Message from Frontline Nurses: Let’s Keep the Real Enemy in Sight,” “Practicing the ABCDEs of Self- Care in Pandemic Times”
Awards of excellence
- PRS Global Open, published on behalf of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons: COVID-19 Media, Health & Medical – COVID-19 Articles in PRS Global Open
- Nursing Management: COVID-19 Media, Health & Medical – “Everyday Courage for Extraordinary Times”
- Journal of Nursing Care Quality: COVID-19 Media, Education & Training – “Implementing Prone Positioning for COVID-19 Patients Outside the Intensive Care Unit”
- Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, published on behalf of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons: Magazines, Journals & Tabloids, Print – Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, published on behalf of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons: Electronic Media, Podcasts – “PRS Journal Club” Podcast
- The Nurse Practitioner: Electronic Media, Podcasts – The Nurse Practitioner Podcast: “Pathophysiology of Pain”
- Brain & Life, published on behalf of the American Academy of Neurology: Writing, Feature Writing – “Fight of Her Life”
- American Journal of Nursing: Writing, News Writing – “AJN Reports: The Politicization of COVID-19”
- The Hearing Journal: Writing, Regular Departments & Columns – “Patient Handout: Ensuring Accessible Communication for People with Hearing Loss amid the COVID-19 Pandemic”
- Neurology Today, published on behalf of the American Academy of Neurology: Writing, Regular Departments & Columns – Society and Brain
- Nurse Educator: Writing, Editorial & Advocacy Writing – “COVID-19 Disruptions to Clinical Education: Nurse Educators Rise to the Challenges”
- Nursing2020: Writing, Editorial & Advocacy Writing – “The Elephant in the Room”
- Nursing2020: Writing, Health & Medical Writing – “Caring for patients with a traumatic spinal cord injury”
- Oncology Times: Writing, Writing Series – “Spotlight on Young Investigators”
- JAAPA, published on behalf of the American Academy of PAs: Design & Illustration, Covers – June 2020 Issue
For more information about the Lippincott portfolio of journals from Wolters Kluwer, visit www.lww.com.
About Wolters Kluwer
Wolters Kluwer (WKL) is a global leader in professional information, software solutions, and services for the clinicians, nurses, accountants, lawyers, and tax, finance, audit, risk, compliance, and regulatory sectors. We help our customers make critical decisions every day by providing expert solutions that combine deep domain knowledge with advanced technology and services.
Wolters Kluwer reported 2020 annual revenues of €4.6 billion. The group serves customers in over 180 countries, maintains operations in over 40 countries, and employs approximately 19,200 people worldwide. The company is headquartered in Alphen aan den Rijn, the Netherlands.
Wolters Kluwer provides trusted clinical technology and evidence-based solutions that engage clinicians, patients, researchers and students in effective decision-making and outcomes across healthcare. We support clinical effectiveness, learning and research, clinical surveillance and compliance, as well as data solutions. For more information about our solutions, visit https://www.wolterskluwer.com/en/health and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @WKHealth.