- Professor Mark Gaterell, Professor of Sustainable Construction and Co-Director of The Cluster for Sustainable Cities research group -
Professor Gaterell’s research includes:
- Low carbon neighbourhoods and smart urban futures, intelligent infrastructure
- Sustainable construction and new integrated technologies
- Urban disaster resilience – Environmental burden and communities at risk.
- Dr Heather Rumble, Senior Lecturer in Sustainable Urban Development
Dr Rumble is an urban ecologist, specialising in green infrastructure and urban greenspaces. Research areas include:
- The sustainability of green infrastructure, from ensuring the ecological systems that underpin green roof functioning are healthy, up to investigating the barriers to their uptake in industry.
- How green infrastructure can form ecological networks throughout urban areas and improve the quality of life for residents and wildlife.
- How to assess the benefits of urban greenspaces to emphasise the positive impact of greenspaces in urban ecosystems.
MEDIA CONTACTRegister for reporter access to contact details
Professor of Sustainable Construction and Co-Director of The Cluster for Sustainable Cities research groupUniversity of Portsmouth
Senior Lecturer in Sustainable Urban DevelopmentUniversity of Portsmouth