Newswise — How has the field of nutrition changed how we eat and live? What new discoveries and advances may be just over the horizon? Get the latest insights from leading nutrition scientists and practitioners at NUTRITION 2021 LIVE ONLINE, the flagship online meeting of the American Society for Nutrition.
Complimentary press passes are available for the meeting, to be held virtually June 7–10, 2021. Explore the meeting program for scientific sessions, special events and featured speakers, including the following renowned individuals:
- Rafael Pérez-Escamilla, PhD, Professor at Yale School of Public Health, has contributed to important improvements in breastfeeding and other maternal, infant and young child nutrition outcomes. His work has also advanced efforts to address household food security and health disparities. Pérez-Escamilla will receive the Kellogg Prize for Lifetime Achievements in International Nutrition. He will deliver remarks on Monday, June 7 from 6–7:30 p.m. Eastern Daylight Time (UTC-4).
- Richard Mattes, PhD, Distinguished Professor of Nutrition Science at Purdue University, focuses on the areas of hunger and satiety, taste and smell, food preferences and the physiology of how our bodies respond to and regulate food intake. Mattes will receive the USDA Agricultural Research Service’s W.O. Atwater Memorial Award. His lecture, “Atwater Factors at the Biology-Behavior Interface,” will be delivered on Tuesday, June 8 from 10–11 a.m. Eastern Daylight Time (UTC-4).
- Christos Mantzoros, MD, DSc, Professor of Medicine at Harvard Medical School, has made seminal contributions to understanding the genomics, physiology and molecular biology of obesity, diabetes and related disorders. He has also advanced translational and clinical applications to improve treatments for these conditions. Mantzoros will deliver an address titled “Current Issues in Adult Nutrition: From Research to Practice” on Wednesday, June 9 from 2–3:30 p.m. Eastern Daylight Time (UTC-4).
- Edward Frongillo, Jr., PhD, is Professor and Director of Global Health Initiatives at the University of South Carolina Arnold School of Public Health. His global public health research focuses on improving nutrition and development and addressing food insecurity among infants and young children. Frongillo will receive the E.V. McCollum International Lectureships in Nutrition Award. He will deliver remarks on Thursday, June 10 from 10–10:45 a.m. Eastern Daylight Time (UTC-4).
- Hussein Yassine, MD, Associate Professor of Medicine at the Keck School of Medicine at the University of Southern California, specializes in how changes in lipid metabolism and nutrition affect cognition and the risk of neurological diseases such as Alzheimer’s disease. Yassine will lead a session on nutrition and the brain and deliver a talk titled “Brain Transport and Omega-3 Fatty Acids” on Thursday, June 10 from 2–3:30 p.m. Eastern Daylight Time (UTC-4).
Register for a press pass
Qualifying journalists are invited to attend and receive:
- Full, complimentary access to all virtual meeting sessions
- 24-hour access to four days of live and pre-recorded content
- Opportunities to connect with a global community of nutrition experts
- Early access to embargoed materials featuring high-impact research
- Personal introductions for one-on-one interviews with featured scientists
To apply for a press pass, please check our Media Policies and submit a Press Registration Form.
Stay in the know
Join the discussion and get the latest nutrition news.
- Subscribe for email updates geared for journalists
- Follow #NutritionLiveOnline on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
About the American Society for Nutrition (ASN)
ASN is the preeminent professional organization for nutrition research scientists and clinicians around the world. Founded in 1928, the society brings together the top nutrition researchers, medical practitioners, policy makers and industry leaders to advance our knowledge and application of nutrition. ASN publishes four peer-reviewed journals and provides education and professional development opportunities to advance nutrition research, practice and education. www.nutrition.org
MEDIA CONTACTRegister for reporter access to contact details
NUTRITION 2021 LIVE ONLINE