What: American Society of Nephrology Kidney Week Press Briefing When: Friday, November 18 at 9:45 a.m. CST Where: McCormick Place, Room W473Embargoed until Saturday, November 19, at 10:30 CST (11:30 EST)
Why: Briefing will feature presentations of High-Impact Clinical Trials. Dr. Pascale Lane and Dr. Gretchen Lehman Brandt will moderate and provide context and expert commentary on the science presented.Authors and studies being presented are:• Mann: Liraglutide and Renal Outcomes in Type 2 Diabetes: Results of the LEADER Trial
• Veighey: Remote Ischaemic Preconditioning (RIPC) Leads to Sustained Improvement in Allograft Function Following Live Donor (LD) Kidney Transplantation: 5-Year Follow Up in the REnal Protection against Ischaemia Reperfusion in Transplantation (REPAIR) Study
• Hugo: Rabbit-ATG or Basiliximab Induction for Rapid Steroid Withdrawal after Renal Transplantation: An Open-Label, Multicentre, Randomized Controlled Trial
• Marshall: The Sodium Lowering in Dialysate (SoLID) Trial: A Randomised Controlled Trial of Low versus Standard Dialysate Sodium Concentration (DNa) during Hemodialysis (HD) for Regression of Left Ventricular (LV) Mass
• Pendergraft: AURA-LV: Successful Treatment of Active Lupus Nephritis with Voclosporin
• Trachtman: Efficacy and Safety of Sparsentan, a Dual Angiotensin II (Ang II) and Endothelin (ET) Type A Receptor Antagonist, in Patients with Focal Segmental Glomerulosclerosis (FSGS): A Phase 2 Trial (DUET)
Media Contact: Christine Feheley 202-640-4638To listen to the live press conference, please email Christine Feheley at [email protected], to register.
Since 1966, ASN has been leading the fight to prevent, treat, and cure kidney diseases throughout the world by educating health professionals and scientists, advancing research and innovation, communicating new knowledge, and advocating for the highest quality care for patients. ASN has nearly 16,000 members representing 112 countries. For more information, please visit www.asn-online.org or contact us at (202) 640-4660.