Newswise — July 21, 2020 – Wolters Kluwer, Health announced today that 13 of its Lippincott healthcare publications won 20 awards in the 32nd annual APEX Awards. Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery won the Grand Award for Campaigns and Programs, Neurology Today and Oncology Times won Grand Awards for Writing, and Nursing Management won the Grand Award for Design & Illustration.
“We are very proud of these 13 publications for their exceptional and timely coverage of specialty healthcare topics,” said Jayne Marks, VP, Global Publishing, Wolters Kluwer, Health Learning, Research & Practice. “The recognition from APEX is a testament to the dedication of our publishing teams and our society partners to deliver the most informative, relevant and translational research news spanning all specialties and topics to the medicine community.”
The APEX Awards recognize extraordinary work by professional communicators. APEX Awards are based on excellence in editorial content, graphic design, and overall communications. There were nearly 1,200 entries in the competition this year.
The awards include:
- Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, published on behalf of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons: Campaigns and Programs – PRS Journal Club
- Neurology Today, published on behalf of the American Academy of Neurology: Writing – A Major Hospital Announces It Is Closing: The Fallout for Neurology Residents and Patient Services
- Oncology Times: Writing – “Smoke Gets in Your Eyes”
- Nursing Management: Design & Illustration – 50th Anniversary Issue
Awards of excellence
- Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, published on behalf of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons: Magazines, Journals & Tabloids – Volume 143, Issue 1
- American Journal of Nursing: Magazines, Journals & Tabloids
- The Nurse Practitioner: Annual Reports – 32nd Annual APRN Legislative Update: Improving access to high-quality, safe, and effective healthcare
- Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, published on behalf of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons: Electronic Media/Video – Video Gallery
- American Journal of Nursing: Social Media Single Post – Seen and Understood: A Postpartum Scare and a Nurse’s Firm Reassurance
- Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery – Global Open, published on behalf of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons: Social Media Special Purpose – “Face the Case”
- Hearing Journal: Social Media Special Purpose – #HearingChat for World Hearing Day 2019
- Brain & Life, published on behalf of the American Academy of Neurology: Feature Writing – Get Ahead of Your MS
- Brain & Life, published on behalf of the American Academy of Neurology: Interviews & Profiles – Transcending Tics
- JAAPA, published on behalf of the American Academy of PAs: Regular Departments & Columns – Mindful Practice
- Emergency Medicine News: Editorial & Advocacy – Viewpoint: Ending Gun Violence Is Our Lane
- Hearing Journal: Health & Medical Writing – Hearing Loss and Dementia: Breakthrough Research Seeks Causal Link
- Nursing2020: Health & Medical Writing – Nicotine toxicity: Protecting children from e-cigarette exposure
- Nursing Made Incredibly Easy!: Health & Medical Writing – Caring for Adolescents Experiencing Cyberbullying
- Nursing Management: Health & Medical Writing – The Emergency, Trauma and Transport Nursing Workforce Survey: Highlights of a Benchmark 2019 Survey
- Oncology Times: Writing Series – “Straight Talk: Today’s Cancer Centers”
For more information about the Lippincott portfolio of journals from Wolters Kluwer, visit http://home.lww.com/about.html.
About Wolters Kluwer
Wolters Kluwer (WKL) is a global leader in professional information, software solutions, and services for the clinicians, nurses, accountants, lawyers, and tax, finance, audit, risk, compliance, and regulatory sectors. We help our customers make critical decisions every day by providing expert solutions that combine deep domain knowledge with advanced technology and services.
Wolters Kluwer reported 2019 annual revenues of €4.6 billion. The group serves customers in over 180 countries, maintains operations in over 40 countries, and employs approximately 19,000 people worldwide. The company is headquartered in Alphen aan den Rijn, the Netherlands.
Wolters Kluwer provides trusted clinical technology and evidence-based solutions that engage clinicians, patients, researchers and students in effective decision-making and outcomes across healthcare. We support clinical effectiveness, learning and research, clinical surveillance and compliance, as well as data solutions.