• A set of interventions designed to improve care for patients with acute kidney injury (AKI) was associated with reductions in length of hospital stay, shorter duration of AKI episodes, and an increase in AKI incidence that likely reflected...
15-Feb-2019 9:00 AM EST Add to Favorites
• People with kidney failure are nearly ten times as likely as other Medicare beneficiaries to undergo lower extremity amputation during their final year of life.
• Despite having a poor prognosis, individuals with kidney failure who had a...
14-Feb-2019 11:05 AM EST Add to Favorites
In a population-based study, both patients on dialysis and those who received kidney transplants experienced over 2.5-times higher risks of cancer death than age- and sex-matched individuals without kidney failure.
8-Feb-2019 8:05 AM EST Add to Favorites
• When kidney failure patients experienced cardiac arrest at outpatient dialysis facilities, CPR initiated by dialysis staff was associated with a better chance of survival but was only performed in 81% of cardiac arrest events.
1-Feb-2019 9:20 AM EST Add to Favorites
• Certain practices in dialysis facilities related to managing fluid volume and low blood pressure during dialysis are important to patients’ health and survival.
30-Jan-2019 8:00 AM EST Add to Favorites
• Among kidney failure patients on hemodialysis, those who consumed higher amounts of fruits and vegetables had lower risks for dying prematurely—both from cardiovascular and non-cardiovascular causes.
25-Jan-2019 9:45 AM EST Add to Favorites
• Patients undergoing dialysis experience various barriers to exercise—predominately fatigue, shortness of breath, and weakness.
• Patients were primarily interested in exercise as a mechanism to improve quality of life as opposed to reduce...
24-Jan-2019 9:35 AM EST Add to Favorites
• Among kidney transplant recipients, cognitive performance improved significantly for both frail and nonfrail recipients by 3 months post-transplant.
• Between 1 and 4 years post-transplant, improvements plateaued among nonfrail recipients,...
18-Jan-2019 9:00 AM EST Add to Favorites
see all news