Newswise — Reston, VA (May 7, 2019) – The American College of Radiology (ACR) Radiology Leadership Institute® (RLI) has awarded 10 scholarships to radiology residents and fellows to attend the 2019 RLI Leadership Summit. The RLI is dedicated to providing leadership and business management training opportunities for radiologists at all stages of their careers.
The RLI Summit agenda features case study reviews as well as plenary and breakout sessions designed to provide attendees with a state of the art understanding of the challenges facing health care and radiology today.
The 2019 scholarship recipients are:
- Matthew Alvin, MD, MBA, MS, MA – Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD
- Jennifer Buckley, MD – University of Missouri-Kansas City School of Medicine, Kansas City, MO
- Ariadne DeSimone, MD, MPH – Brigham & Women’s Hospital, Boston, MA
- Ruth Gershon, MD – University of Mississippi Medical Center, Jackson, MS
- Zachary Jeng, MD – Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX
- Olga Laur, MD – Brigham & Women’s Hospital, Boston, MA
- Parthiv Mehta, MD – Baystate Medical Center, Springfield, MA
- Anna Trofimova, MD, PhD – Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA
- Ross Varma, MD – Mount Sinai West, New York, NY
- Kevin Yuqi Wang, MD – Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX
“The Radiology Leadership Institute is proud to award these scholarships to this outstanding group of radiology residents and fellows,” said Frank Lexa, MD, MBA, FACR, Chief Medical Officer, RLI. “These promising young radiologists will receive intense, immersive training to build leadership skills that will help them succeed in a rapidly changing healthcare environment.”
Additionally, resident and fellows attending the RLI Summit will have the opportunity to participate in a new additional Summit feature: the Resident and Young Physician Leadership Program on Saturday, Sept. 7 from 6-8:45 pm. This educational symposium features discussion opportunities and interactive learning on subjects such as population health, AI, quality improvement and patient-centered care.
To arrange an interview with an ACR/RLI spokesperson, please contact Meghan Swope at 703-390-9822 or email [email protected].
About the American College of Radiology
The American College of Radiology (ACR), founded in 1924, is a professional medical society dedicated to serving patients and society by empowering radiology professionals to advance the practice, science and professions of radiological care.