Newswise — CHICAGO – The Institute of Food Technologists (IFT) and the Australian Institute of Food Science and Technology (AIFST) today [December 4, 2018] announced that the two organizations will offer a joint membership, combining benefits from both organizations to provide enhanced resources.
“Our joint membership offering acknowledges that food supply is a global issue, and we are charged with feeding a population that will soon reach nine billion people,” said Michele Perchonok, IFT President. “By combining IFT offerings with those from AIFST, science of food professionals will have the opportunity to leverage a wider array of international resources, including networking, in order to advance science and support global needs.”
For a single membership fee, food sector professionals residing in Australia will become a member of both organizations and have access to expanded member benefits from both organizations. Here are some of the resources available through this offer:
AIFST Member Benefits
- food australia journal (Members can choose whether to receive a digital or printed edition)
- Complimentary monthly technical or professional development webinars
- Member rates to AIFST events
- Members-only activities including site and factory tours
- AIFST Annual Convention member rate
- AIFST Community of Interest committee access
- Monthly BiteSize e-newsletter
- Opportunities to profile research, business or project through the AIFST digital platforms
- Members-only website access
- AIFST Consultants Register
- AIFST Mentoring program
IFT Member Benefits
- Digital access to Food Technology magazine
- Complimentary access to valuable professional and career resources developed by IFT, including member-only content and tools on ift.org, all live and on-demand webcasts, IFT Connect (IFT’s online networking and discussion community), topic-based special interest groups, and the online membership directory
- Face-to-face and virtual networking opportunities with an international community of food professionals
- Exclusive member discounts on registration fees for the IFT Annual Event, Certified Food Scientist (CFS) application fees and recertification, online courses, short courses, the Journal of Food Science (JFS), IFT press books, and more
For more information about this program, please visit http://www.ift.org/membership/membership-types/joint_membership.aspx.
About IFT The Institute of Food Technologists (IFT) is a global organization of close to 17,000 individual members from more than 100 countries committed to advancing the science of food. Since 1939, IFT has brought together the brightest minds in food science, technology and related professions from academia, government, and industry to solve the world’s greatest food challenges. Our organization works to ensure that our members have the resources they need to learn, grow, and advance the science of food as the population and the world evolve. We believe that science is essential to ensuring a global food supply that is sustainable, safe, nutritious, and accessible to all. For more information, please visit ift.org.
About AIFST Founded in 1967 the Australian Institute of Food Science and Technology (AIFST) is the leading independent qualifying body for food professionals in Australia and the only professional body in Australia concerned with all aspects of food science and technology. As a registered not for profit organization, it is independent of government, industry, lobby or special interest groups. For more information, please visit http://www.aifst.asn.au/