ASN and AAKP Advocates are on Capitol Hill Urging Congress to Support Kidney Disease Research and the Living Donor Protection Act
Advocates from the American Society of Nephrology (ASN) and the American Association of Kidney Patients (AAKP) are meeting with Representatives, Senators, and their respective staffs today to urge Congress to continue its historic support of...
28-Mar-2017 11:00 AM EDT Add to Favorites
• Colonoscopies are being performed more often on healthier dialysis patients than on those with more limited life expectancies; however, overall, dialysis patients are being screened at a much higher rate relative to their life expectancy than...
17-Mar-2017 9:00 AM EDT Add to Favorites
Statement of Eleanor D. Lederer, MD, FASN, President, American Society of Nephrology on Proposed FY 2018 Budget
Condemns the Administration’s Proposed Funding Cuts for the National Institute of Health
17-Mar-2017 12:05 PM EDT Add to Favorites
• In dialysis patients who took 2.5 mg of apixaban twice daily, blood concentrations of the drug were maintained at therapeutic levels.
10-Mar-2017 9:00 AM EST Add to Favorites
• Sickle cell trait, a common hemoglobin variant in African Americans, was associated with a twofold higher risk of developing kidney failure requiring dialysis.
• Sickle cell trait conferred a similar degree of risk as APOL1 gene variants,...
3-Mar-2017 10:00 AM EST Add to Favorites
• Kidney rejection initiated by antibodies that were present before transplantation is linked with a better outcome that rejection due to antibodies that arise after transplantation.
24-Feb-2017 9:00 AM EST Add to Favorites
• From 2001 to 2012, HIV+ kidney failure patients on the transplant waiting list were 28% less likely to receive a transplant compared with their HIV- counterparts.
• They were half as likely to receive a kidney from a living donor.
17-Feb-2017 9:30 AM EST Add to Favorites
• Receiving advice on limiting salt consumption helped kidney disease patients lower their systolic blood pressure by an average of 11 mmHg.
• Limiting salt intake also reduced excess fluid retention that is common among patients with kidney...
10-Feb-2017 9:00 AM EST Add to Favorites