• In hemodialysis patients, hypothyroidism was linked with impairments across multiple areas of health-related quality of life, including lower energy and greater fatigue, poorer physical function, and greater pain.
6-Jul-2017 6:05 PM EDT Add to Favorites
• Kidney biopsy results had no impact on the function of kidneys transplanted from living donors.
• Outcomes following kidney transplantation using deceased donor kidneys were influenced by biopsy findings; however, even transplantation with...
30-Jun-2017 9:05 AM EDT Add to Favorites
The ASN Foundation for Kidney Research announced the names of its 2017 research grant recipients who are working to improve our understanding of kidney diseases and to develop new and advanced treatment options.
6-Jul-2017 9:50 AM EDT Add to Favorites
• Most bloodstream infections in dialysis patients continue to occur in those with central venous catheters used to access their blood. The findings come from 2014 data from US dialysis facilities.
• Staphylococcus aureus was the most commonly...
23-Jun-2017 9:00 AM EDT Add to Favorites
Statement of Eleanor D. Lederer, MD, FASN, President, the American Society of Nephrology, on the Better Care Reconciliation Act of 2017
The American Society of Nephrology (ASN) believes the Better Care Reconciliation Act’s passage would negatively impact millions of patients. ASN has written to Majority Leader Mitch McConnell and Minority Leader Charles E. Schumer to express its...
26-Jun-2017 2:05 PM EDT Add to Favorites
• In individuals with chronic kidney disease, targeting a systolic blood pressure to <120 mm Hg resulted in lower risks of cardiovascular events and premature death, compared with standard targeting to <140 mm Hg.
• There was a slightly...
16-Jun-2017 9:00 AM EDT Add to Favorites
Josephine P. Briggs, MD, to Lead the Journal of American Society of Nephrology’s Incoming Editorial Team
Josephine P. Briggs, MD, begins her term on January 1, 2018 as Editor-in-Chief of the Journal of American Society of Nephrology (JASN), considered the leading specialty journal in nephrology.
21-Jun-2017 12:05 PM EDT Add to Favorites
• A new calculator estimates the likelihood that a given patient who receives a kidney transplant from a particular living donor will maintain a functioning kidney.
• The calculator may be especially useful for kidney paired donation.
2-Jun-2017 9:00 AM EDT Add to Favorites