Newswise — The Society for Nutrition Education and Behavior (SNEB) will gather at the Hilton Milwaukee City Center in Milwaukee, Wisconsin June 28 – July 1 for the 47th Annual Conference, “Nutrition Education Impact: Local to Global.”
Beginning with opening keynote speaker Jennifer Orlet Fisher, PhD, Temple University, conference attendees will be able to experience education sessions featuring the latest information on dietary guidelines, educational strategies, nutrition policy and wellness initiatives with a focus on putting research into practice.
Key conference programming includes:
• Returning Joy to Nutrition Education: Using the Satter Eating Competence and Feeding Dynamics Mode
• Who Should be Funding Nutrition Education? Insights of funding from non-profit, industry, and government agencies
• George M. Briggs Nutrition Science Symposium presents Developing the Dietary Guidelines for Americans 2015: How is the Evidence Base Translated to Consumer Recommendations
• Building a Better Restaurant
• Using Technology to Expand Nutrition Education
• Sustainable Interventions To Combat Food Insecurity And Related Malnutrition In Developing Countries
This premier event for nutrition education professionals from around the world allows attendees the opportunity to interface with influential nutritionists from extension, public health, government, academia, industry and community settings. In addition to education sessions, the SNEB Annual Conference features an exhibit hall, fun run, student mentoring and several opportunities for networking.
Media representatives are invited to attend at no cost and should contact Rachel Daeger to register.
Detailed conference information is online at http://ww.sneb.org/events/conference.html.