American Epilepsy Society’s Announces 67th Annual Meeting
Registration Now Open for internationally recognized meeting featuring more than 1,000 scientific posters, platform reports and symposia
Article ID: 608812
Released: 10-Oct-2013 1:00 PM EDT
Source Newsroom: American Epilepsy Society (AES)
Newswise — West Hartford, October 10, 2013 – The American Epilepsy Society (AES) has announced that registration is now open for its 67th Annual Meeting, December 6 – 10, 2013, at the Washington, D.C., Convention Center. The Washington conference will feature more than 1,000 scientific posters and platform reports, in addition to diverse educational courses, symposia, special interest group sessions, and workshops on the clinical care and scientific understanding of seizures and epilepsy.
Offerings for professionals in the board certified sub-specialty of epileptology and related healthcare providers will include:
• A one-day course on An Algorithmic Approach to the Diagnosis and Treatment of Non-Lesional Epilepsy;
• A fundamentals of epilepsy symposium on Neuroimaging in Epilepsy with a focus on standard and novel neuroimaging techniques in the evaluation of epilepsy;
• An epilepsy specialist symposium on Treating the New Onset Epilepsy Patient;
• Skills Workshops Sessions;
• Sessions on the Changing Landscape of Epilepsy Surgery, Future of Treating, Preventing and Curing Epilepsy in the Year 2025 and Neuropsychology: Epilepsy and the Aging Brain.
The AES annual scientific and educational meeting attracts the participation of more than 4,000 physicians, scientists, and allied healthcare professionals from around the world. Additional conference program information, registration instructions, and other details are available on the Society’s website at www.aesnet.org.
About the American Epilepsy Society (AES)
The American Epilepsy Society, based in West Hartford, Conn., seeks to advance and improve the treatment of epilepsy through the promotion of research and education for healthcare professionals. The 3,000-member medical Society for epileptologists and other physicians, allied healthcare providers, and scientists is the nation’s leading medical organization working to eliminate seizures, their fundamental causes and potential neurological effects. The AES annual meeting is the world’s preeminent scientific meeting in epilepsy treatment and research.