Newswise — CHICAGO – ANESTHESIOLOGY® 2017, the annual meeting of the American Society of Anesthesiologists (ASA), returns Oct. 21-25 to the city where modern anesthesia was born, Boston.
This year’s meeting includes five information-packed days of new scientific research, learning, networking and discovering the latest in anesthesia from more than 15,000 global thought leaders who are driving the innovation behind the latest advances in research and technology.
ANESTHESIOLOGY® 2017 is the premier gathering in the field, showcasing cutting-edge research that is improving patient results and experience, quality care and safety for the millions of people undergoing operations and procedures, seeking pain relief and finding alternative treatments for ailments each year. This year’s meeting features:
- A keynote address titled System Innovation in Surgical and Anesthesia Care from Atul Gawande, M.D., professor at Harvard Medical School, renowned surgeon and researcher, and author of Being Mortal and The Checklist Manifesto.
- More than 600 educational sessions, including scientific and educational exhibits and featured panel discussions.
- Scientific research featured in hundreds of abstracts detailing new technologies, techniques, patient safety advances and more on topics such as:
- How maternal age and season a woman gives birth affects postpartum depression
- How to reduce chronic pain after a cesarean section
- Post-operative pain management using alternative and opioid-free methods
- The link between diabetes and post-operative cognitive dysfunction
- The latest research related to kids and anesthesia
- Special lectures including:
- Emery A. Rovenstine Memorial Lecture: A presentation on quality metrics within anesthesia as related to patient-centered outcomes presented by Lee A. Fleisher, M.D.
- John W. Severinghaus Lecture on Translational Science: A discussion on monitoring the brain and the mechanisms of general anesthesia presented by Emery N. Brown, M.D., Ph.D. on the 80th anniversary of the electroencephalogram (EEG) test.
- In addition to presentations, media can visit the exhibit hall featuring the latest products, services and innovations to help anesthesia and health care professionals deliver high quality and safe patient care.
Register here to stay up to date. You can also join the conversation during this year’s meeting by following #ANES17.
What: ANESTHESIOLOGY® 2017
When: Oct. 21-25
Where: Boston Convention and Exhibition Center 415 Summer St., Boston, MA 02210
How to Register: Follow this link to the online registration page for media
THE AMERICAN SOCIETY OF ANESTHESIOLOGISTS
Founded in 1905, the American Society of Anesthesiologists (ASA) is an educational, research and scientific society with more than 52,000 members organized to raise and maintain the standards of the medical practice of anesthesiology. ASA is committed to ensuring physician anesthesiologists evaluate and supervise the medical care of patients before, during and after surgery to provide the highest quality and safest care every patient deserves.
For more information on the field of anesthesiology, visit the American Society of Anesthesiologists online at asahq.org. To learn more about the role physician anesthesiologists play in ensuring patient safety, visit asahq.org/WhenSecondsCount. Join the ANESTHESIOLOGY® 2017 social conversation today. Like ASA on Facebook, follow ASALifeline on Twitter and use the hashtag #ANES17.
# # #