World Autism Awareness Day begins month-long awareness crusade.
World Autism Awareness Day is April 2. In November 2013, Texas Tech University opened a new chapter in autism research and education, cutting the ribbon on the new Burkhart Center for Autism Education and Research.
The center has become a leader statewide and nationally, and experts are available for interviews related to Autism Awareness Month.
• Behavior Support Clinic
• Current ongoing research
• Early Intervention Services
• Parents’ Night Out and other opportunities for parent participation
Janice Magness, interim co-director, Burkhart Center, and director of Burkhart Transition Academy, (806) 834-3725 or email@example.com
• Transition Academy for young adults
• Autism Walk (April 27)
• Family Fun Events in the summer, summer camps
• Autism conference, upcoming lectures
Find Texas Tech news, experts and story ideas at Texas Tech Today Media Resources or follow us on Twitter.